TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Why can't I redeem Play Music reward?

I'm sorry I can't help more, but, Paul is the "moderator" and also very helpful. BUT, don't blame him for not knowing all the "rules and conditions" of any offers etc. As a mere level 5, my advice apparently isn't worth much so don't take my word for it BUT be careful as redeeming my free 3mths ended up costing me £13.50 due to Google's lack of help. 

I also object to the "Beta" tests, as they aren't - that would involve a second string of tests AFTER the developers had tried them out - an alpha obviously never took place....(look it up).

So, sorry I couldn't help. But, even if you do enjoy the maps like me carry on. But, you can get two months free just for signing up to Google Music! So, it's only an extra month or discounts on films etc for level 4.

If you're doing it for the awards then stop now. It ain't worth it.....and always wear sunscreen 😉

Regards, Matt

Level 4

Re: Why can't I redeem Play Music reward?

Funny thing is, I do genuinely enjoy contributing and making Maps better for everyone. 

The one sore spot is that Google is making it sound like we are getting some amazing rewards for contributing, even though the *BIG LEVEL 4 REWARD* is the same free trial that literally everyone else in the entire world gets (whether it's 1 month or 3 months, 0x3 is still 0; a free trial is an advertisement, not a reward) and 75% off a movie -not even a free movie or 75% off several movies- for select locales. C'mon Google, you're going to have to try harder than that if you want my credit card number.

Either we are doing it for a tangible reward or doing it as its own reward- but I resent being told it's the former when it's actually the latter. It's business 101- if you want to keep your customers, under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Level 9

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

@PaulPavlinovich

Hi

Play music offer is applicable to new users only . So what about an existing users 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 7

your perks is totally garbage!!

Level 6

What a disappointing perk. Can you define "subscriber"? I have Google Play music, the free version. Does this mean I am a subscriber? I'm not sure why using the free version should disqualify me for a reward that involves trying the paid version. I have tried to redeem multiple times with no luck.

Honestly, Spotify's old free trial was three months for free with no need to contribute anything, so this 'perk' strikes me as really a sales gimmick. For shame.

Level 5

Hi, I totally agree with you and although I enjoy contributing on the app, like you, when it seems so one sided with Google, it does make one think if it's worth it.

If it wasn't for a couple of kind 'moderators' on here, I'd have been completely snookered!

Google needs to have a "presence" of some description or at least email it's contributers with detailed information on offers etc. Basically, helping Google cost me £13.50. 

I can't give you any advice on the deals as I'd hate to give you wrong advice and cost you money like me. 

Google are EVERYWHERE on the internet, but, uncontactable, even for people who help them. Maybe this says something deeper about its attitude towards us mere minions!?

#googleassistant

Regards and good luck,

MRX

Level 7

welcome to google rules @MRX1

in indonesia, there is this perks, a 75000 IDR, around 5.6$, a voucher for buying goods in website Zalora, but with minimum order : 300000 IDR ( around 22$)

thats the perks for level 4-10 !

if the perks value is without minimum order, im fine with it. but the fact, we need to order at least 300000 IDR.

and the truth is, without being a local guide with level 4-10, i can get that value, just subscribe the Zalora newsletter, bam !! you can get 75000 IDR.

No wonder im saying your perks is totally GARBAGE!!! If your perks is a phone that is made in a factory, this perks is not passing the built quality!!

ashame on you, Google.

Level 5

Thx for your kind advice, but someone else reopened this thread and I'm not that person.

If one of the Moderators, maybe untag me from this stream or close it SVP.... 

Regards, 

MRX

Level 4

Thanks for nothing Google! Offering me something that you give away for free in order to get new Google music customers is not a perk it's insulting 

Level 7

indeed. this is the way they value us, what we have contributed because perks is considered as a reward. but truth, the reward is garbage