Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

@Bhautikpatel wrote:

ok

.....okay!

Connect Moderator

Re: Help signed up for Family by mistake, refund needed ASAP!

Hi @MRX1 did that link come from me? I usually send people the streaming link, I hope that I didn't accidentally send you anything else.

I did some searching on how to get a refund for you and the policy isn't much use as it says they will charge for the first month then you cancel. You retain access for the entire month. You can read it here - scroll down to the music section https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2479637?hl=en

I won't put words in their mouths because obviously I don't work for them but when I've had issues myself I found contacting them directly resolved them quickly. I accidentally bought an album after signing up for streaming and they refunded it.

If you go to the play website https://play.google.com/music/listen#/home while signed into the account you bought the subscription with you can click the three bar menu on the top left then click Help & Feedback

playhelp.JPG

A pop out window opens and you can contact them via Live Chat to an operator

livechat.JPG

Even though the policy says "no", I would contact them anyway because you never know what magic a human will be able to do for you. Explain you're a Local Guide and about the free offer and explain that you accidentally signed up for Family instead of the single free trial.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Re: Google Play Music Perk not working

Thanks Paul. No worries, I just wanted to make the point that Google has a responsibility to all us folks who help them gather the essential content for their maps to PROPERLY explain the "perks/offers". They're called a reward, yet can cause more problems than benefits! 

Anyway, it's worth the £13.50 if my point's heard by other members and Google too.

I'll try your way of refunding my money. As you said, I'm not sure if it's worth it, especially as the 48hr time has now lapsed. 

Once again, thanks for your kind help and I know it was all with good intentions.

Have a good weekend, Matt

Level 6

Why can't I redeem Play Music reward?

Hello, I have just received an email to say that i had reached level four so could have 3 months google play music. When I click on the redeem button I am asked to put in a promo code, which wasnt in the email.

Can anyone help please?

Connect Moderator

Re: Why can't I redeem Play Music reward?

Hi @sthwestlady everything you need to redeem is on this post from Googler Traci https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level... it has all the information you need to claim and troubleshooting and support tips.

I will move this post into that discussion.

Regards Paul

Level 6

Ive looked all through (before I posted)  and still cannot get past the redeem part!

Connect Moderator

Have you tried the web chat under Google Play support? Those people can help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can google provide us some vouchers to use on playstore if we contribute to the local guides community.

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous the current perk is for Google Play Music streaming. 

You never know what might come in the future though. If you want to earn Play Store credit you can do this on Android by taking part in Google Opinion Rewards. It's not available to all areas and demographics but it can't hurt to give it a try. Note this is nothing to do with Local Guides.

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hiya @sthwestlady. Alternatively, you can visit your Local Guides Home to get your code for redemption. It should show up on the top right of the page. Give me a shout if you have any trouble obtaining it! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.