Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

local guides reward?

Hi,
I'm feeling upset.

I'm a Level 4 Local Guide. To 'celebrate' this I have been offered two rewards:

* 3 months Google Music for free (provided I give over my credit card details so I can be charged $US11.99 in the 4th month for ever. Netflix is only $8 and I use that service regularly) - or

* 75% off any movie rental from Google Play. I read the 'fine print' and found out this is only available to guides in US and Canada. I am in Australia.

I would like to celebrate, but my gifts have been taken away!😥

Comments anybody?

Level 7

Re: 3 months free Google Play Music

Funny rules! I spoke with support and they confirmed it. I it is promo for nobody. On which level of local guides they reward with subscription? And how many of us never used Google Play Music?) =)) let's see) I gonna write letter to better business bureau) bring a little bit headache to company which I love so much) 

@iliasix wrote:

Sup! 

I have some issue here. I didnt activated this coupon but it says that it is used and not available anymore. 

Its sad(((

Level 9

Re: local guides reward?

@Yabbiesinthedam plz refer to the link mention below for more information 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level...

Best of luck. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 4

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

Thanks for the update 

Level 4

Free 3 months google play

Please could you give me the code to redeem 3 free months Google play

Thank you 

Debra Hamilton

Connect Moderator

Re: Free 3 months google play

Hi @Debrahamilton

Please read more about Google play perk

New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6
Level 6

You should not participate for any sort of reward, you will not be rewarded. Ignore any talk of perks, there are no perks. Think of it like Yelp, if you enjoy doing it you should continue, otherwise you should look into doing something else.
Level 4

Are you telling me Google offers rewards and I won't be able to access them? 

Level 6
Level 6

You'll probably be able to use the movie rental coupon, the Google Play Music reward is fake, it's the same trial they often offer to anyone.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Yabbiesinthedam perks apply differently in different regions. I'm already a Google Play customer so I don't get the three months free, however I did get the 75% off a movie rental and I am in Australia like you so it does work. On your concern to be billed forever, you don't have to stay in GP - as long as you cancel before the end of the 3rd month you will not be billed. I signed up on the 26th and have been billed on that day ever since so they're pretty reliable about billing date. The trial is for Google Play Music which includes You Tube Red so isn't exactly comparable to Netflix - it's a different kind of service.

The biggest perk for a high performing positive contributing LG is to go to the annual Summit. I went last year and have been lucky enough to be selected again for this year. You get an expenses paid trip to San Francisco to spend time with other LG from all over the world. https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/summit

Regards

Paul