TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

Yes I agree that Google Maps is quite brilliant and one of the most transformative innovations of our time and I am happy to contribute too to make the world an easier place to navigate with reliable and accurate information - but what I find difficult is the notion that marketing tools are used to manipulate dedicated local guides into believing they are perks. Getting us to join a scheme which provides extra storage for a year is only done in order to make those who sign up pay for it when it runs out. That is a straightforward marketing technique and it feels very wrong to have it presented as a perk. If Google is really looking to incentivise its enthusiastic and positive followers such artful ways of luring us to pay for a product should be avoided.

The best answer would be to provide a simple upgrade with no cut off time. Another 15GB would be truly great - I do hope whoever makes these decisions is listening and takes on board that this is not a complaint - simply a request for fairness. 

Level 5

@PaulPavlinovich I spent a fair share of my 25 years life in youth movement (5 years as a volonteer)/organisations (also about 4-5 years), ... as well. but i don't think that it is the same as helping google maps. anyway, I wont get any perks this year, I am settled on that. i don't have a choice anyway so there is no point in arguing about it.
Good day to you sir 

Level 6
Level 6

Re: Level-4 benefits for local guide

I wasn't participating in this Local Guides thing for any gain but I was excited for the 3 months of free Google Play Music, now that I see that the offer was never available I'm just left feeling sour. 

Level 6
Level 6

Re: PERKS?

The music offer isn't even available if you're already using the service. You're just helping Google crush Yelp, you will not get anything in return unless you count being allowed to help them test their software for bugs.

Level 6

Re: PERKS?

I completely agree! This is certainly not a lucrative opportunity for content suppliers, unless you consider the number of views. But views aren't filling my gas tank either. If I was reimbursemed just one cent per view, which they could more than afford, it would be more than worthwhile. I have no intention to contribute anything further. It's unfortunate this entire program is designed to profit everyone but the contributors.

@pf3 wrote:

The music offer isn't even available if you're already using the service. You're just helping Google crush Yelp, you will not get anything in return unless you count being allowed to help them test their software for bugs.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Mr14A you asked if I would give work for free - well tomorrow is one of my rostered days on Track Patrol which happens to be work I do for nothing.

NVW1 crossing Bridge 5NVW1 crossing Bridge 5

Level 8

Hi @PaulPavlinovich I love the old railroad it looks like a similar place in NZ in north island lot of old railroad history up there

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @Mr14A you asked if I would give work for free - well tomorrow is one of my rostered days on Track Patrol which happens to be work I do for nothing.

NVW1 crossing Bridge 5NVW1 crossing Bridge 5

Level 7

Is there any possibilities for Bangladesh to get this kinda feature  soon?

Level 8

Local guide gifts and perks

I am a level 6 local guide how do get rewards, perks, early acses and gifts 

Level 9

Re: Local guide gifts and perks

@Copelin plz refer to the link mention here 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level...

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.