Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

Hi @SarveshMishra, absolutely! 

Here are the steps: 

1. Visit your Local Guides home https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

2. Click on the perk available to you on the top right corner

3. You will be brought to Google Play. In the URL, the combination of alphabets and numbers after "code=" is the redemption code

4. Share the code with your friend, who can then:

5. Open the Google Play Store app 

6. Tap Menu

7. Select Redeem, then enter the code you shared

Note: to use a gift card or promotional code, the country of your Google Account must match the country where the gift card or promotional code is offered.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Thanks for your help @JeslynL

Sarvesh Mishra
Level 6

lmao, don't make threats against google/lg, they are pointless (we, as single unit, do not matter, there are enough of people so they do not have to care), and deleting pictures also does not completely work (you read ToS before uploading any content right?).

The point is, we were making our contributions not for perks (well, except those hoping for 1 year of google drive). This case was also risen during so called /challange/, we see what have been done. So again, resistance is futile, and cries not heard by decision makers.

But I have other issue. I have deleted every single subscription, uncheck every notification, and I still receive email about this thread...How can I stop it?

Level 7

Perks

Can't redeem 3 free months of Music...says coupon is for "new users only"...  *sad face*

Level 6

This Perk is a bit unfair, I made a google play subscription just 1 month ago this meens i'm not anymore elligible, in the same time in my country google movie is not available. This means No benefit even if i achived level 5, motivation in contributing is not increasing for sure in this way.

Level 10

@TraciC This is really awesome. Its really motivating. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Spoiler

Level 5

as i posted on another thread.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Without-a-reward-for-earning-poi...

I dont think this a perk, this is a lure to a subscription which other streaming services send out every other half year to get new customers, we are already here, we dont really want to be working for nothing.

i will quote my other thread straight out,,

"i love making use of my spare time by updating the Google Maps.

But then again, one need to remember that Google (Alphabet) is a huge conglomerate where their Maps feature is just wiping the floor with its competition.

So for us to be working for free without any reward, only to be offered some music subscription for 3 month that could have as easily been sent out any day of the week of any music streaming service is really disappointing  to say the least.

they need us to be working for them, as the "good guys" must overcome the bad edits on google maps, and they can never afford to hire this kind of masses to combat that world wide, so this is a incredibly cheap alternative for them. 

So to be withholding some few perks is just imperial cheap and even rude to the efforts of people like me and everyone else in this great community.

I´m hoping this new points system is the begging of something greater then before, as someone said, maybe its still not complete ?

I´m thinking in the realms of the following:

Maybe add 5gb of storage to G-drive of each level beyond level 5 ?

and a final touch of +10gb for Level 10 

And the beta things should come early, no later then level 5, because you want to test the things with others, you need the masses, double-check errors and so forth.

And invite to Google event might be level 8 to 10 ?

Can everyone post their own suggestion for what might keep them going in the process of staying active on this platform ?

might be fun to iron out what we want and start making a petition for it.. Just nagging wont make a difference 🙂 "

Level 7

Re: Perks

Exactly what it says for me too, New Users Only.... 😞

@tulsateamroper wrote:

Can't redeem 3 free months of Music...says coupon is for "new users only"...  *sad face*

Level 5

Exactly this! I believe what is being said here is: This is a sham! This local guide things was supposed to bring me riches beyond my wildest dreams. But now I am being ripped off by Google. They want to make their Maps app look great with an abundance of information, however, are only wanting to provide the content providers (local guides) perks that they can not use. I want my wildest dreams to become reality, I want to be sailing on my google given yacht, my 100 strippers, all while listening to new tunes by Drake on my 3 month subscription. The crowd will say, **####** that sailor is the best of the best of the best!

@Zanikhan_95 wrote:

@TraciC, saya sudah mendapatkan email notifikasi untuk promo ini. Tetapi saat saya akan melakukan redeem kode promo, terdapat pesan error bahwa kode promo yang saya punya sudah di redeem. Sedangkan saya sama sekali belum pernah redeem kode. Dan terimakasih atas apresiasi team Local Guide kepada Local Guide di seluruh dunia sudah memberikan perk ini.

Cheers,

Sadeli Zanikhan

Level 7

What would the benefit be for someone that has already had google play music and can not receive this perk?

There just doesnt seem like a good incentive to move on from level to level anymore!