TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Prizes through levels

@lsampaio1337 For now this what we know : As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. At Level 4, you also unlock your first Local Guides badge, which helps your contributions to places get noticed. and also as a new perk for the global community, Local Guides who reach Level 4 and beyond by August 31, 2017 have a chance to receive 3 months of Google Play Music and 75% off a movie rental on Google Play. Offer availability varies by country and must be redeemed by November 30, 2017. Offer will be delivered via email. Simply click on the offer links provided via email to redeem your offer. see the this link from the support panel created by the local guides team : https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/7362580?hl=en&ref_topic=6281797 

I hope this helps you

Level 6

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

I don't want to sound ungrateful. I'm loving google local guide program, but removing the drive storage perk and having 3 months free of google music... seems wrong.

The drive storage is something really useful, for emails, documents and photos. The Google Play stuff... is not useful at all. Again, don't want to be rude, but after 3 months i'll need to pay to continue with that service.

I prefer Spotify.

The motivation for a lot of us to continue to review and upload photos is lost. Most of the perks are not interesting at all, and the summits, they are far away from where I live...

So yeah, it's dissapointing... 

Level 5

3 months of Google Play

So I got an email and with a link to the 3 months free of google play music, which is great, but I cant seem to redeem this as I already pay a monthly subscription fee for Google Play unlimited. 

What should I do about this? 

Thanks!

Level 10

Who received the perks from Google?

Few minutes before received an email from Google... please see the screen shot... Thank you Google...Screenshot_20170615-040621.png

Level 8

Re: Who received the perks from Google?

Ditto!👍

Level 5

I received the same perks. The strange thing is that I'm able to redeem the 75% off movie rental, but not the 3 months of Google play music. It says "The special offer is only available to new users". Did anyone experience the same problem?

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.10.13 PM.png

Level 7

I didn't even get the perk 

@sleepyJJ wrote:

I received the same perks. The strange thing is that I'm able to redeem the 75% off movie rental, but not the 3 months of Google play music. It says "The special offer is only available to new users". Did anyone experience the same problem?

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.10.13 PM.png

Basityousuf
Level 6

I got the same thing. No problem redeeming the movie but the Google Music one I can't do as I am not a new user.

Level 10

So the Google play music perk for the first time users only... @DeenaF @sleepyJJ

Level 7

Level 7 and Play Music -- ??? BUT - do not qualify because we subscribe to Play Music on family plan

Is there an alternate?? 

Enjoy Local Guide on Google.