TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Your Google Play perk - that is worth nothing

@Dizzle wrote:

3 Months of Google Play music is not a perk, it's a useless promotion that has been leveraged on LocalGuides. If Google wants me to continue to provide content, they need to make it worth my while. I'm a top 5% contributor on TripAdvisor, perhaps I'll drop Maps Local Guides and continue posting over there.

I stopped contributing on Tripadvisor too, because of the obnoxious popunder ads they use that are resistant to ad blockers.

Google was my last holdout for a decent review site that was usable and didn't take advantage of its contributors.

Level 6

Re: New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

I hope become in level 4 to enjoy this benefits 

Googler

@AsheeshPandey I have removed the screenshot you included in your post as it contained your private information (email address and coupon code). Please see the original post in this thread for troubleshooting instructions. Thank you.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

These are terrible perks, and are frankly a bit insulting, especially given the past cheapening of the only actual Local Guide perk (Google Drive storage).

Most of us already subscribe to Play Music or at least have done the trial in the past year.  The 3 month free trial is something that's frequently available to the public.  You can't afford to give it to current Local Guides who are current subscribers for 3 months?  And nobody cares about a one-time movie rental discount.

I'm done being a "volunteer" for a multi-billion dollar company who collects the data I contribute and keeps it for its own proprietary use, while trying to disguise the cheapening of the program's perks as "wow you can go up to level 10 now - look at all the meaningless shiny things you get!".  Time to move to Open Street Map.  No perks, but at least the data is open source.

Level 7

Rif.: Tre Mesi di Google Play

Per me non è molto interessante perché sono avverso ai servizi di music streaming, preferisco ancora avere la musica bella al sicuro sul mio cloud personale o sulla mia memoria del telefono.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty ticked off I went to go redeem my 75% off a movie rental. It popped up saying the code has already been redeemed. When in fact I've never done anything like that before so that's frustrating any way to help?

@TraciC wrote:

@AsheeshPandey I have removed the screenshot you included in your post as it contained your private information (email address and coupon code). Please see the original post in this thread for troubleshooting instructions. Thank you.

Level 6

did not see anything saying new customers only forced me to the family plan screen ... now i pay more for a google service then i did ... awesome reward lolol ... well played google well played 

Level 7

To those either complaining about the lack of perks/cheap perks:

One of the big updates is the remake of the point system. Previously you received 1 point for any type of contribution. This means that someone who had taken 1000 photos would have as much points as someone who had written 1000 reviews. This is not the case after the update. 

The update will redistribute ALL users. This means that before the distribution is made, nobody can possibly imagine what perks to put where. Put a too valuable perk on a low level (what is a low level anyway?), and there will be lack of engagement after that level. To make good gamification out of this updates requires time. Give it a couple of months!

But a : "Hey guys, we're working on rolling out new perks in the coming months!" certainly wouldn't harm! 😉

Level 6

Awesome!  Glad to see some new incentives and Perks !

Level 6
Level 6

This is an excellent way to punish people who were working towards the original drive storage perk by replacing it with nothing of real value and is pretty insulting considering what was originally promised (and then removed in March).  You can ROUTINELY get 75% off movie rentals simply by looking for Google Promotional Offers without have to do ANY work at all (if you use the Google Home app there is an offers section that lists similar things to these offers from time to time). As has been mentioned on this thread already, new subscribers can routinely get 1-4 free months of Google Play Music via various promotions without doing anything.  Nice bait and switch Google. To add insult to injury people who are already loyal users of Google Play Music can't take advantage of the 3 months and get only the token "75% off movie rental" which you get routinely anyway from time time if you simply watch for google offers.  It sounds more like they promised too much with the Drive Storage perk and so they now have to offer perks that don't effect the bottom line and are really worth very little.