TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

New perk: Google Play for Local Guides Level 4+

9/1/17: This perk offer has ended.

Note: This perk is only available to new customers who are not current Google Play Music subscribers, and have not been Google Play Music subscribers or participated in a Google Play Music trial in the past 12 months. Existing and recent Google Play subscribers in eligible countries are eligible for 75% off a movie rental. Read below for more information.

PlayPerk.jpg

We’re excited to share a new global perk for the community! As a thank you for sharing great content on Google Maps, Local Guides who reach Level 4 and beyond by August 31, 2017 can get 3 months of Google Play Music and 75% off a movie rental on Google Play. The perk varies by country.

Here’s more info about this perk:

Which countries can get the Google Play Music perk?

This perk is available in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Which countries can get the Google Play movie rental perk?

This perk is available in Albania, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba , Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Oman, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam , Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

How do I redeem the perk?

You may visit your Local Guides home to see if the perk is visible at the top right corner. You will also receive an email letting you know this perk is available to you. Simply click on the offer link(s) and follow the on-screen instructions.

I just reached Level 4, how long will it take me to receive this perk?

You will receive your benefit within 48 hours of reaching Level 4. See your level by following these instructions.

I’m an existing Google Play Music subscriber, do I get the 3-month perk??

No, this perk is only available to customers who are not current Google Play Music subscribers, and have not been Google Play Music subscribers or participated in a Google Play Music trial in the past 12 months. Existing and recent Google Play subscribers in eligible countries are eligible for 75% off a movie rental.

I just signed up for Local Guides/I just reached Level 4+, will I get this perk?

Yes.

May I redeem this perk for cash?

No, this perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give the offer code to a friend or family member, but you may not sell or exchange this perk for money.

How long do I have to reach Level 4 or higher to receive this perk?

You must reach Level 4 by 11:59PM ET on August 31, 2017 to be eligible to receive this perk.

How long do I have to redeem my perk?
Once receiving this perk, you must redeem it by 11:59PM ET on November 30, 2017.

What happens after the three-month period?

At the end of a trial you will be charged the standard monthly rate in your signup country. You can cancel your trial at any time before the trial period ends to avoid being charged.

Do I need to have a credit card on file with my Google Play account to redeem this benefit?
Yes, in order to redeem this perk, you will need to have some form of payment on your Google Play account.

I accidentally applied the code to the wrong account, can I switch?

No. Once a code is applied to an account it cannot be transferred. 

Do I have to have an Android device to redeem this perk?
No. Google Play Music and Movies work across Android,OS and web. If you have an iOS device, you must redeem your offer via a mobile web browser and then download the app to enjoy this perk. 

I’m having trouble with my offer code, what do I do?

Please follow the instructions in the Google Play Help Center. If you continue to have trouble, please visit support.google.com/googleplay and click “Contact us” in the top right corner. When prompted to select an issue, select “Google Play Gift cards & promo codes” and you’ll be able to choose your method of support.

I just changed my opt-in city to be one of the countries where this perk is available, will I receive this perk?

No. This perk is only available to Local Guides in the countries listed above who were signed up in that country at the time they reached Level 4.

I am a Local Guide in the same country as my friend who got the email. Why didn’t I receive the email?

Emails are sent to Local Guides in one of the above countries if they are Level 4 or higher and have opted in to receive benefits emails. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to update your email preferences, visit your settings. If you are signed up for Local Guides in one of the available countries, check your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder. If you are eligible, this perk will be also be visible to you in Local Guides home.

I don’t live in one of the eligible countries and I want a perk. How do I get one?

This perk is only available in the countries listed above. The Local Guides program is constantly evolving and perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have benefits emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
803 comments
Level 5

gift for local guides

please send gift for local guides

Level 7

Re: gift for local guides

Google has gift 100GB Drive if u up to lv4.
And i think this good idea for User Local Guides . because if item valuable ..everybody will come Local Guides and spam !!!

Street View Trusted Photographer | Phu Quoc Island
Level 9

Re: gift for local guides

@ArindamG

Sounds great

Level 4

Level-4 benefits for local guide

Hello guys,

It's pleasure to take part in these discussion forums and present our queries, thoughts and many.

Yesterday, I have reached the criteria to become level 4 local guide and one of my friend said I'll be getting benefits when I will be a L-4 local guide.

So, can anyone help me in this regards. Many thanks in advance, have a great time !

Regards,

Sai Kumar

Level 10

Re: Level-4 benefits for local guide

Hi,a quick reminder

Points are only for levels and some perks and benefits.
From https://www.google.com/local/guides/benefits/
Level 1: newly registered local guide, earn points by
adding photos to existing businesses/point of interest
adding details to points in maps: ie, phone number, address, etc.
correct point informations: ie pin position in map, closing business, etc.
adding new businesses
Perks: you can access workshops, hangouts, and some other info related to LG program
Level 2: 5 or more points
Perks: early access to functions and apps in the google maps environment, create local meetups and promote them
Level 3: 50 or more points
Perks: receive the LG badge on your profile in maps, you can create a local community on google+, receive invites for Google Maps events in some cities
Level 4: 200 or more points
Perks: receive 100 Gb free (for 1 year) of upgrade of your Drive space on Google, you are entitled to be listed in LG lists online
Level 5: 500 or more points
Perks: enter the beta program of Google Maps and related apps, you can submit your request to take part to the annual Local Guides Summit

At this link you can check your redeem link for the perks: https://www.google.com/local/guides/home

Level 4

@LucioV thanks for sharing the information.

As of now I didnt get any update/email on drive space upgrading. Hope I'll receive shortly 🙂

Level 7

@SaiK wrote:

@LucioV thanks for sharing the information.

As of now I didnt get any update/email on drive space upgrading. Hope I'll receive shortly 🙂

For reedeem of google drive Perk, you have to visit bellow link address  and click on "Redeem" option in level 4 section. 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Or you can see "Redeem" option in you maps app menu. Manualy click and follow instructions to get your gift.

Note: Reedem expires in 30 days if not claimed by local-Guide manually.

Level 7

Hi,

just curious about the Level 4 "you are entitled to be listed in LG lists online" -

is there a list or directory?

thanks

Darren Mc

Level 10

@DarrenMcL wrote:

Hi,

just curious about the Level 4 "you are entitled to be listed in LG lists online" -

is there a list or directory?

thanks

Darren Mc

Actually there is not one, but in prevision of, you are entitled to be featured in lists or youtube videos. 😉