Tara_Milligan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

New local guide

Hey there ! 

I'm a semi new Local guide I started my journey in Hamilton Ontario where I was on a vacation visiting family. I joined the team in hopes of being able to help others know when a store has been closed down without having to actually go to the locations and be disappointointed themselves, that journey quickly turned to me having a blast sharing photos of stores,restaurants,churches , hospitals , schools , you name it as i travelled my way back to Alberta where I am currently living,  have over 50,000 pictures on Google maps alone. But recently I have been working towards getting my google Reviews up and getting likes/reaches on them but am realizing that I don't get a whole lot of likes it says they veiw them and find it helpful but I get no feedback from anyone. Just wondering if there is any way of connecting to an Edmonton community of other local guides or maybe just an online community of happy guides willing to give eachother love and support? 

Edmonton, AB, Canada
3 comments
Level 10

Re: New local guide

Hi @Tara_Milligan

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 6

I am a local guide living in Edmonton. I am having the same thought. It would be wonderful if we can have a group in Edmonton. 

Google Moderator

Hi @Tara_Milligan,

There's a great way to connect with Local Guides in your area and that is by organizing a meet-up on our website. Once your meet-up is approved, it will automatically appear as a post in the Meet-ups section of Connect for other Local Guides to participate.

To learn more, check this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up article.

You can also search in Connect for mentions of your city/country to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations and engage with the Local Guides near you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!