cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

New car dealer categories available

Peugeot.PNG

Hello fellow Local Guides,

There is category-improvement work to be done (and Suggest an Edit points to be earned)! A couple of times I have posted in the past about inconsistencies in the availability of categories for car dealers, as a lot of brands had their own category (e.g. Ford-dealer) but some popular brands were missing.

This has now been fixed! A week or 2 ago new categories were added already in English, but now they also seem to be available in other languages, at least on Android (I have tested in Dutch, so I guess it will also be the case in at least a number of other languages - on desktop I don't see them yet, but that will no doubt follow soon).

The brands that now also have their own car dealer category:

• Peugeot
  • Citroen
  • Skoda
  • Seat
  • Mini
  • Smart

So, all the car dealers in your area, you can now change from the more general Car dealer to a specific branded category.

Also in other domains new categories were added, most of them regional/dish specific restaurants (Javanese restaurant, Nasi Goreng restaurant), but also

• Coffee stand
  • Package locker
  • Self service health station
  • Travel lounge
  • Escape room center

Happy mapping!

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: New car dealer categories available

Cool that Escape Room Centre is now available. I've got one near work I've never been able to add. I'll add it on Monday now after I grab some fresh photos. Thanks @JanVanHaver

Connect Moderator

@JanVanHaver

Super, I still wait for baby hatch...😢

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

I have some specific requests for other new categories, and I plan to create posts for every single one @TorM, as they suggest to post idea per entry.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

There might still be an issue with the new categories @PaulPavlinovich. I can select 'Escape room' with my interface (Android) in Dutch, and the edit is accepted, but it doesn't 'stick'. When I look up the place again later on in the desktop version in English the category is correctly set to Escape Room, but in Dutch it's set back to Entertainment Center. 

Same problem with the car brand categories.

Level 5

espero um dia poder conhecer.

Connect Moderator

Update on the issue I reported on 02-09-2018: this has been fixed since a while.

Connect Moderator

What to do about car dealers with more than one brand of cars? I know that the owner of a pin can assign multiple categories. But what should we as Local guides do? @JanVanHaver
Connect Moderator

What I do in those situations depends on a few factors. If there are separate POIs for the 2 brands, I adapt each of the 2 (often the case for Mercedes and Smart). If there is a 2nd brand, but clearly in a subordinate way, I change the POI to the 'main' brand (often with Renault dealers, that have a small Dacia section). If the 2 or more brands are equally important, I leave the general category car dealer (e.g. Citroen & Peugeot or Jaguar & Rover). That's my interpretation @MortenCopenhagen .Some of these things are also mentioned in the new episode 10 of www.letsguidepodcast.com

Connect Moderator

Excellent answer. Thanks a million, @JanVanHaver