KimberlyAnnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

New Year - New Podcast!!!

Are you ready to Go Loco with us?! THIS is your Unofficial Local Guides Podcast!

go_loco_20190103_v1__outlined_-02-01__3_.jpeg

Welcome to 2019 everyone!

It's a brand new year and in honor of that, some of us have been working really hard on a special project….. something for all of YOU!

A podcast!

Your podcast hosts!Your podcast hosts!

Why a podcast you might ask? Because they're fun and they remind me of the days when the Local Guides team would hold community moderator Hangouts for all of the moderators around the world. Yeah, they were crazy chaotic but it was really fun to hear other Local Guides speaking!  Telling us what was new and exciting in their community.

If you've never listened to a podcast, maybe this can be your introduction to a very fun way to learn about something that you're already interested in or want to learn more about! If you’re a podcast addict, we’d love to hear your feedback!

One of our goals is to share with you the feeling that we have all experienced when attending an event like Connect Live!

2018 was my third opportunity to attend this amazing event.  At the end of all three years I have always asked myself how can I share the amazing feeling of being surrounded by fellow Local Guides?  How to best to include all of you here on Connect?

Shortly after Connect Live, I got a message from my friend @AdrianLunsong in Manchester England.  He had an interesting idea and was looking for some crazy friends to join him….did I say crazy? Yes!  Crazy! What were we thinking? Turns out, podcasting is HARD! Adrian and I (San Francisco Bay Area) are joined by @Pedi (Singapore), @Shirley (Vancouver, Canada) and @vvbellur (Vandanna -Bangalore, India).  That’s a lot of time zones to coordinate!

Oh well, we (and I mean mostly Adrian and Pedi in sound editing) put in a ton of time putting Episode #1 together and we really hope you’ll give it a listen!  

The best place to listen is on the Anchor app!  We’re using Anchor as our podcasting platform and if you listen there, you can leave us voicemails!!!!  Make it a good one and maybe we’ll use your clip to ask your question in a future episode!

We’d love to hear your feedback, comments and questions for Episode 2!!!!  Yes, we are already working on Episode 2 which will feature Vandana and her solo traveler life!  We'll be reading the comments below so let us know what you think.  See the podcast "description" on Anchor for additional ways to contact us as well.

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

26 comments
Level 8

Re: New Year - New Podcast!!!

Googler

I'm loving the podcast idea and am about 30 minutes in, @KimberlyAnnG! Thanks to you @vvbellur@Shirley and of course, @AdrianLunsong for driving this effort forward. It is reminiscent of past Hangouts, but way less hectic (at least for the listener). Can't wait to hear more episodes! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

What a funny idea! I am ready to listen the 1° podcast @KimberlyAnnG. 🔊

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

Oh HECK YEAH! This is awesome, @KimberlyAnnG! Love the logo and the name and will definitely be giving it a listen. A great team behind this project as well! ❤️

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Former Google Contributor

I loved listening to this. Great idea, @AdrianLunsong!

I loved Adrian using the expression, "Why the monkies are we doing this?" 😂🐵 I didn't catch whether it was Shirley or Pedi who came up with the name, but naming things is not a useless skill - just ask someone who works in branding or marketing! They have entire think tanks over that. The jingle is fabulous, @Pedi! Adrian, you do not sound like a chipmunk (I promise!), but so far, @KimberlyAnnG has a voice absolutely meant for radio (didn't catch any trace of a Western PA accent).

Finally, I love that everyone is using this as an opportunity to stretch themselves and learn new skills. It's a great expression of teamwork and creativity in the New Year. Bravo to all! I look forward to hearing Episode 2.

Level 8

Svar: New Year - New Podcast!!!

This is seriously the best idea I've ever heard of, I love all of you guys! 😍 

Connect Moderator

Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG Thanks. I already listen to a few podcasts on the Anchor app so will listen to this one too. I've since listed to the podcast and enjoyed it. I've added to my favorites and look forward to next episodes.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG Nice idea guys.