AjitW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: New Video Option in Google Maps

@Gaucho  I was not clear from your post. Did you have luck posting 360 video and you did get views?

Level 6

Is there a size restriction to how big we can make the videos

Level 8

Each video rewards you with 7 points while a photo rewards you with 5 points. So more points with videos.

You can directly make a 10s second video while holding the camera button in the app for 10s. Or you can directly upload the first 30s of an existing video.

Level 6

Love the ability to download videos. I have a beautiful video that I would like to use, sadly the option did not work for me

Level 10

I just read that 7 points are awarded to the Local Guides who upload up to the first 30 seconds of each of their videos. They must be linked to any existing public references available in Google Maps.

Marino Todesco
Level 9

@GinaR42  Do you have an android phone? It can be uploaded if the video is on the phone and you select it from your folder file that is visible when you upload other pictures as an option.  Not available on apple phones yet.

Level 10

The video uploading option did not work for me too until yesterday evening, when I tried as many workarounds as I could think of. Log out and reinstallation of Maps' updates did not play any effect. I checked also Maps' permissions and they looked fine. Whenever I try to record a video with Maps' camera, I keep getting only snapshots, and additionally when browsing the gallery folders all the video files and even the video folders stored in the resident SD card are not shown. I think some kind of activation on Google servers' side is missing.

Marino Todesco
Level 6

Once I figured out that add a video only works on android phone, I was successful in uploading videos. I hope the feature is expanded to work on computers too, that is where my best videos live.

Level 9

@GinaR42  There is no reason you can not copy them over to the phone then post from there. I do the same thing with 360 photos. Take them, move to pc, edit in photoshop then put them back on phone to publish. I think (assume) Google is using the phone for tagging purposes and more information about the upload.  So you can use your good ones.

Level 6

Can I use the places youtube video of mine on the maps?