AjitW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: New Video Option in Google Maps

@AjitW 

Okay cool thanks! I look forward to seeing videos and contributing. I just need to get on that beta program somehow

Level 10

Do available in iOS and how !?

Majidmadsdi
Level 10

Hi @MajidMadadi,

Presently it seems the new feature is available on Android devices only. For any news about the topic keep checking the news and updates section of this website...

Level 9

I have a standard contribute profile and it worked for me. Going to go shot a test video for a listing nearby. This will be really neat if it shows up on the listing. Can really tell the story of a location. I will post a link soon if it works. Not going to be the best video but proof of concept.

Level 9

I posted the video and it shows up in my contribute list of photos, but not immediately on the listing. So there must be a vetting process which makes sense. The larger question is will there be a new tab on the listing for Video and will there be a "Trusted Videographer" program to follow.  A 30-second spot could be a lot faster to produce than a street view tour of a business.

Level 10

Hi @davidcox,

As per one source, soon there would be more features in the Google Maps...

Just keep checking the News & Updates section in this website...

Personally I would suggest keep updating your Android app of Google Maps... 

Level 9

@AjitW  I have uploaded a video and here is what happened so far. It does not show up on the desktop right away even in the new incognito screen. In the proto type maps, it showed up.  It is in Autoplay mode. I shot it just now on a cloudy day with a cell phone. It ranks #3 on the listing.  Now after a retry, it also shows in a standard Google Search for the location.  Now when finished with the post it shows up on Google Search about 10 minutes after mobile. Here is the link to the listing with the video and please there was no attempt at perfect video, just hand held samsung S-7 so do not hold that against me.  Boy are the changes going to be huge for Google My Business! I wonder if a listing has pictures 360 pictures and video will it rank better based on it unique relevant content vs another listing with no added information?

Level 9

@AjitW  I was able to do this with no update that I did not consciously do.  Where did you pick up on this? Google my business forum or maps?

What would stop a customer from doing a 30-second promo business pitch vs a video tour?

Connect Moderator

Thanks for this explanation, @AjitW! Much kudos!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

@davidcox I can't seem to see your video on the listing on either Maps or Chrome on mobile.