nl123's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New Street View app update to become Trusted?

With the new requirements taking place (July 11, 2016) to become Street View | Trusted, there is a blog post on the new changes. It says you should get an "Invitation to the trusted program directly in the Street View app once you’ve published 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos."

Well the Street View app hasn't been updated in a month and there are no invitations in sight. Does anybody know when (or if) an update will come out? I am eager to become Trusted!

Thanks!

47 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: New Street View app update to become Trusted?

Hi @nl123

The Street View app team is hard at work to bring trusted enrollment to the Street View app ASAP. We're now fairly sure this will happen on July 25th (though as you know, things often change here at Google). Thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay — we know it's painful waiting, but we trust that the team's prioritization of product excellence over a rushed launch will best serve our community. At that time, anyone who has published fifty or more Maps-approved 360 photos through the SV app or SV editor will be invited to join the trusted program and have a virtual badge shown in the SV app — and here in this community.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Changing in Street View Trusted program will be introduced soon. Wait for it patiently.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Solution

Hi @nl123

The Street View app team is hard at work to bring trusted enrollment to the Street View app ASAP. We're now fairly sure this will happen on July 25th (though as you know, things often change here at Google). Thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay — we know it's painful waiting, but we trust that the team's prioritization of product excellence over a rushed launch will best serve our community. At that time, anyone who has published fifty or more Maps-approved 360 photos through the SV app or SV editor will be invited to join the trusted program and have a virtual badge shown in the SV app — and here in this community.

Level 8

@Corrie thank you so much! It's been pretty quiet on the SV | T front in the past few weeks. It's good to hear there's progress!

@nl123 @JacekNK 

Keep your eyes peeled, the app is rolling out on Android and iOS devices today and tomorrow 🙂 

Level 3

Received my invitation today - Yah! So very happy to now be a "Trusted Google Photographer". I've filled out the Google form to be listed in the online trusted index - @Corrie do I now wait until it has been processed? No email acknowledgement has come through. Thanking you.

Level 7

Hi @TimG - Do you recall how long it took after you captured 50 approved photospheres before you received the invitation? I passed 50 last week and haven't heard anything.  Thanks!

Level 3

I passed 50 quite a while ago... up to around 120+ now... so I assume I was just invited based on my previous upload history etc if that makes sense. I think 50 is quite low to be honest, but if Google are opening the doors for more trusted photographers, then the more the world gets to see - I just feel sorry for the Trusted Photographers who have this as their USP and now the market may become flooded - but that's progress...

@TimS wrote:

Hi @TimG - Do you recall how long it took after you captured 50 approved photospheres before you received the invitation? I passed 50 last week and haven't heard anything.  Thanks!

Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help TimS

Level 3

@Corrie > is there a chance you could follow up on my application please? I have a major presentation on Thursday and want to demonstrate the "See Inside" feature of being a "Trusted Photographer".  Submitted 4 days ago now... sorry to ask, but it would be advantageous to demo this process to the audience.

@TimG wrote:

Received my invitation today - Yah! So very happy to now be a "Trusted Google Photographer". I've filled out the Google form to be listed in the online trusted index - @Corrie do I now wait until it has been processed? No email acknowledgement has come through. Thanking you.

Level 4

I have uploaded over 300 panoramas from businesses to historical locations to places of interest via android but the trusted icon is still greyed out for me. I would like to join the programme but havent recieved an invite yet. With around a million views I must be doing something right, Guess I will have to wait....