GlobeC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

New Local Guide need help to earn points

Hello,

I am new to local guide Can anyone help me to know the basic concept, how to get connected, how to earn points and how it is helpful for me.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: New Local Guide need help to earn points

Hi @GlobeC.

Sign up with your Google account and select your current location. Every place you review, photograph, add, edit, or provide additional info for on Google Maps earns you points toward unlocking something new.

Levels are determined by the number of points you've earned. Receive 1 point for every place you review, photograph, add, edit, or provide additional information for on Google Maps. Earn up to 5 points per place. Unlock benefits along the way.

• Level 1 = 0-4 points
  • Level 2 = 5-49 points
  • Level 3 = 50-199 points
  • Level 4 = 200-499 points
  • Level 5 = 500+ points

Each type of contribution is worth 1 point, with a maximum of 5 points per place. For example:

• Upload 1 or more photos to the same place = 1 point
  • Upload 2 photos + 1 review to the same place = 2 points
  • Write 5 reviews of 5 different places = 5 points
  • Answer 1 or more local questions about the same place = 1 point
  • Make 1 or more edits to the same place = 1 point
  • Add a new place = 1 point

@GlobeC wrote:

Hello,

I am new to local guide Can anyone help me to know the basic concept, how to get connected, how to earn points and how it is helpful for me.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @GlobeC.

Sign up with your Google account and select your current location. Every place you review, photograph, add, edit, or provide additional info for on Google Maps earns you points toward unlocking something new.

Levels are determined by the number of points you've earned. Receive 1 point for every place you review, photograph, add, edit, or provide additional information for on Google Maps. Earn up to 5 points per place. Unlock benefits along the way.

• Level 1 = 0-4 points
  • Level 2 = 5-49 points
  • Level 3 = 50-199 points
  • Level 4 = 200-499 points
  • Level 5 = 500+ points

Each type of contribution is worth 1 point, with a maximum of 5 points per place. For example:

• Upload 1 or more photos to the same place = 1 point
  • Upload 2 photos + 1 review to the same place = 2 points
  • Write 5 reviews of 5 different places = 5 points
  • Answer 1 or more local questions about the same place = 1 point
  • Make 1 or more edits to the same place = 1 point
  • Add a new place = 1 point

@GlobeC wrote:

Hello,

Level 10

Hi,

Welcome to this global community of pathfinders.  You can contribute in many ways. You can simply scroll down your  local guide home page (https://maps.google.com/localguides), sign in with your registered Google e account and go to the link which says start contributing. Your Maps App will open in case you have the App or it will prompt to download it.

If I am on a personal computer I simply open chrome and in its search box  type the place I want to contribute. After the requested page opens I am ready to contribute. 

Now the question comes what you want to contribute?  Do you want to 

vet and confirm existing info like  phone numbers (which you call and confirm unless you know it)  or the website or address and other info. You can uncover missing info, (all this will happen on the App as you tap on the links which  are self-explanatory) add new info,  add photos to your places you know and answer questions about places. It's fun to do and there are the reviews to make (which I find exciting) and add photos alongwith. 

I will suggest you make a mental/soft copy/physical list of your future contribution and you will contribute faster to the exciting world of discovery a Google Local Guide is. 

I just do nothing such just dive in with the flow. 

Cheers! 

Pranjal 

@GlobeC wrote:

Hello,

Level 10

Level 9

@GlobeC ALso upload your for your profile. Hope you have enough information.

Welcome

Level 9

What I find helpful is taking pictures when possible.   When I have time I go into my Google maps app and select my contributions.   There's a time line of places I've visited and I write my reviews and post pictures at the same time. 

Level 7

Level 5

@ManzarAS
Please update the information in your comment as the pointing system has now changed
medium.png

Level 7

How these points are beneficial and at which point...