bassey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

New LEVEL 9: How I got here & What it means to me

So I just hit the 9th level! I am not yet going to be in a hurry to make 10; I’ll just sprawl in the emotion that 9 brings. 🙂 

There are various ways to look at it. I have gained some points in getting to this level (50,000). This is what I have got for what I have given which is the most important thing. Living in a country where it is difficult helping people without being suspected and harassed, Google Maps offers the opportunity to help millions so easily through a mobile device or desktop. 

In getting to level 9, I have been able to do one, more or all of the following 

1. Helped more people while they use Google Maps
  2. Made Google Maps more effective for users
  3. made my community more represented on Google Maps
  4. helped more users make wise decisions on where to visit.

The list is/could be more. This is the most fulfilling thing for me. It comes precious. With the right guidance and inspiration from  @U-royFelixA 

The picture below shows a summary of the achievements while getting to this level

L9 summary 2.png

The number of views is reflective of my conviction that my contributions are indeed helping users and that gives a certain level of satisfaction. How do I do it? My favourite contributions

PHOTOS

The contribution I love the most (maybe because of my newly developed passion). Basically, I took all 2,550 photos  using smartphones, a Drone, DSLR and 360 cam. I can say I have taken over 3,500 pictures for Google Maps but a lot get tossed for lack of the right quality. I try as much as possible to upload sharp images, subject-centred and those of good resolution so as to improve the quality users get from Google Maps. I am a Food and landscape photographer so that helps out. Read up my post on Nigerian food Here and contact me if you are in the country and I will give you a taste of it. I still owe @KarenVChin 🙂

My intent is to help people have visuals of what to expect when they want to go to places, I have been to or passed by. See my post on photos HERE

CHECKED FACTS

This is the next contribution type I have come to love. I get to see a lot of wrong information that could mislead users; some of them fraudulent (I spoke about this HERE) 

My intent here is to first help users make decisions based on correct information by auditing added facts and secondly to help get correct information approved faster. 

REVIEWS

I got inspired by @EsteponaJen on her POST where she spoke about giving quality reviews. It has helped me give quality reviews everywhere I go to and I have not written any review without details ever since. 

The intent of my reviews is adding information that is vital and could help the next user make a good decision and make them know what to expect.

My summary shows that I am not well rounded in my contributions; it might not be a requirement but I’d love to be well rounded on my journey to Level 10. Here is a link to my contributions page (someone tell me how to get that on my signature). All the love to the Local Guides community in Nigeria and in Lagos (where I belong) especially. The Lagos community with the most vibrant, fun loving, interesting and talented Local Guides, certainly; WE ROCK!

The intent of this post is to inspire others, hopefully this is achieved. LetsGuide

Love for Food and Landscape photography
Lagos, Nigeria
33 comments
Level 10

Re: New LEVEL 9: How I got here & What it means to me

@bassey Hoooorah! Level 10 is just around the corner. Bravo, brother. Keep up the good work. 

Level 10

@U-royFelixA Thanks, I intend to do so 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Congrats @bassey! How long did it take you to move up from Level 8 to Level 9? 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@bassey

Awesome brother 😀

You have a good distribution of contribution points.

All the best on your google journey 😀

Level 2

Very Good

Level 8

Congratulations @bassey

Warmest regards

Level 10

@bassey wow. Really nice to know..  great job and keep up the good work.

and @U-royFelixA .. superb job helping out.. 🙂 

Level 10

Oh thank you @KarenVChin I forgot to mention. It took me about 9 months to move from Level 8 to Level 9. I’m proud of myself 🙂

Level 10

Thank you @DshottDennis I now plan to put more weight on other sections of contribution to get a more rounded achievement. 🙂 

Thank you again brother!