Sariga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: New Features: extra 5 Bonus points

@ErmesT@Briggs, maybe the answer is (if not already), since Google Maps can auto translate all reviews into any local language, the fair thing to do will be to count the English equivalent characters of a translation. 

https://blog.google/products/maps/local-reviews-your-language-wherever-you-are/

Connect Moderator
Level 10

Why not words instead of character? Is there any technical issue involved? sorry for my ignorance.

@StephenAbraham @Sariga @ErmesT @LucioV @Nitin_Gandhi

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@ErmesT@Briggs, maybe the answer is (it not already), since Google Maps can auto translate all reviews into any local language, the fair thing to do will be to count the English equivalent characters of a translation. 

https://blog.google/products/maps/local-reviews-your-language-wherever-you-are/

Level 10

@ErmesT,

No problem. And definitely agree with @StephenAbraham's feedback, I think that the english translation will be the one to count for characters in advising for a detailed review. Google Translate sometimes won't be as accurate as you might think it is, but it still does a relatively excellent job nonetheless!

@LucioV, I'm very intrigued with your performance review. I feel like you're watching me from a distance, are you some sort of personality guru who can really tell about someone by the way you observe them? Because me no like physical labour, nor being the first to present a case, I'm very much a number 2 in the team, but an outright excellent number 2 indeed! Thanks!

Level 10

Guys!

@ErmesT@Briggs this is a PERFECT example of how is easy to create wonderful reviews that are completely fake! I didn't wrote a single word of your performance reviews, it's all automatically generated!

I appreciate you, but actually this was a test!

Level 10

WELL THEN.

Seemingly how you still chose very similar attributes and scores in regards to my work ethic anyway, it's still pretty much like you wrote them from your personal knowledge and opinion anyway, so still. Thanks hehe, I found the generator.

Level 9

Hi @Sariga Thanks for sharing. If you don't make this post i may not get informed about this issue.

I have already reviewed more then 700+ times and many of them are more then 200 characters but i didn't notice such extra point about this.

This will be more fun for us.

@ErmesT@ProfArunCM@LucioV and @OSAMA please details this issue.

Connect Moderator

I totally agree with @Briggs and support a points system that rewards quality of reviews and would add that reviews for any location should be listed based on the quality (points earned and number of times users have found the review helpful) and when quality is tied, then on a FIFO basis. This I believe will give Google Map users a better "user experience" and that's in everyone's best interest. Quality reviews should be rewarded no differently to how quality web pages earn a better position in SERPs.

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Level 6

Thanks @Sariga for this info

Level 10

回應: New Features: extra 5 Bonus points

Hope to see pictures have attain one degree of viewer number can get extra bonus points someday:((

Local Guides the program keeps going on the right track.

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀