Stuart_C's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Need help with spam issue in Prague

Hi everyone

I need help with a local spam issue. Someone has hijacked the listing of a major shopping centre in Prague by changing its name, category and tel. number to that of a cafe in the mall itself. Another LG has been trying for a week or so without success to correct it. I've also tried but have been met with an error ("Enter a valid name"). I've PMed @PaulPavlinovich about it, and he has said he can escalate it as an urgent matter.

The shopping centre's listing (which should be called OC Nový Smíchov, Shopping mall, telephone 251101061, opening 6 -24) is https://goo.gl/maps/47feptTsYFk (the name has been changed to 'Paul', the name of the cafe.)

The cafe's original (real) listing is here: https://goo.gl/maps/cV2iumXvrom . Everything there is still correct.

Hoping  we can get this sorted out asap. I really think 'major' listings should be locked down more tightly to avoid this reoccurring.

Stuart

11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Need help with spam issue in Prague

I've posted a link to this on the mod board to make sure a Googler sees it...

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Stuart_C,

Thanks for reaching out. I will now investigate this and take any necessary action. 

If you're witnessing similar issues in the future, make sure to tag a Google Moderator so that we can help you out more quickly.

@PaulPavlinovich, thanks for your help once again!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@NadyaPN 

@PaulPavlinovich

Just wanted to bring your attention to this again - the error still hasn't been corrected and no action seems to have been taken.

Thanks.

Regards 

Stuart

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Stuart_C I'll leave it for @NadyaPN to respond as there's not much extra I can do at this point! Hopefully it will be addressed soon and the person doing it contacted.

Regards Paul

Hi @PaulPavlinovich and @Stuart_C,

Thank you both for the input. This is actually solved and the mall listing should be updated in a few days.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thanks @NadyaPN. The mall listing is now visible and its reviews all there. Good job!

There remain 2 problems, however: the café now has thousands of reviews (which obviously originally belong to the mall). Will these be deleted from your end?

Secondly, almost all of the businesses within the shopping mall are now listed as being within the cafe, not within the mall (which is logical of course as the cafe 'stole' the mall's original listing). Are we going to need to change all of these back manually or can we expect you to update it from your side? 

Here's the cafe: Paul
Plzeňská 8, 150 00 Praha 5-Anděl
https://goo.gl/maps/p7H9ytogAvK2

Here is an example of a business within the mall – you'll see it is incorrectly listed as being inside Paul (the cafe):

Pandora
Plzeňská 8, 150 00 Praha 5-Anděl
https://goo.gl/maps/cXMvgWeamBP2

Regards

Stuart

Thanks so much for noticing and sharing these things, @Stuart_C

I will escalate the issues you've noticed and will get back to you if I have an update.

Connect Moderator

Hopefully this will get resolved now @Stuart_C and more importantly the LG who has been making the incorrect edits dealt with.

Level 10

Hello @NadyaPN ,

I do not know if that issue was successful solved in the past, but I know that this problem is still/again here 😐.

Small recap:
* Original POI had name like "OC Nový Smíchov" and category was Shopping mall. This place was renamed to PAUL (Bakery).
* This POI have a lots of images and most importantly plenty of reviews which belongs to original POI (the Shopping mall).
* Also many places around, which are located in this Shopping mall, have "Located in" atribute set to this renamed place (PAUL). Which is incorrect and confusing. (see image bellow)

This info is confusing.This info is confusing.

My personal suggestion is:

* Rename this place back to his original name "OC Nový Smíchov" and set category to Shopping mall.

Can you please @NadyaPN  take a look and fix this issue once and for all? 🙏

Thank you.