RahmatHarmanP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Need Photowalk inspiration? Check out how Improve with map challenge

In August 2018, the Local Guides from Indonesia held " Meet Up Nusantara", the 2nd Indonesian National Meetups and host by  Yogyakarta Local Guides  with the theme  #jogjatanpanyasar  which meant never getting lost in Jogja. One of the interesting activities was the Historical Photowalk Map Challenge, the participants were challenged to find 4 historic locations, take photos, give reviews, check facts, answer questions and update photos on social media to prove that we found locations and share experiences with #localguides  #jogjatanpanyasar hashtag on socialmedia.

we walked through the beautiful streets on Malioboro street in Yogjakarta on foot, Ultimately, some locations have changed their exterior, but all participant were challenged to be able to find the location correctly. Before the challenge began, participants were given stories about the history behind the place . This meet-up concept is interesting because it combines map editing, photowalk and historical education to all participant. 

How about you? let's make Historical Photowalk Map Challenge as part of your meet-up

Historical Photowalk Map Challenge briefingHistorical Photowalk Map Challenge briefingAll participant ready for map challengeAll participant ready for map challengeCaption: look at the old building photo,see the different from past and present, read the descriptions, find this location in map based on a few clue, ask about the fact and share your storiesCaption: look at the old building photo,see the different from past and present, read the descriptions, find this location in map based on a few clue, ask about the fact and share your stories

Indonesia
13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Need Photowalk inspiration? Check out how Improve with map challenge

I remember that I belonged to the longest route I should take to this photowalk. It's fun and challenging. I recalled how my team got confused to find an old historical building that turn into a mini market. I guess we are in same route @RahmatHarmanP? It's a secret. I ordered taxi for coming back to the start point. Ssssttt... LOL

Hey @TraciC, I think you need to check this one. It's a collaboration of many meet ups idea for Local Guides program. It's tiring but really excited at the same time!

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Bls: Need Photowalk inspiration? Check out how Improve with map challenge

Saya ikut juga, walaupun cukup melelahkan. Tapi saya suka, karena bisa mengenal teman baru dan mengenal sejarah di Malioboro Yogyakarta.

SuhandiWidjaja

Level 9

Mashok, Pak Rahmat!

Inspiratif!

Level 8

tidak sempat ikut kegiatannya, tapi dari postingan ini jadi terinspirasi untuk membuat kegiatan serupa di kota malang, terimakasih @RahmatHarmanP

Rivani Rahmadani
Googler

This looked like an awesome meet-up and I liked the challenge portion of it, @RahmatHarmanP. It's something nearly any Local Guide could do in their own areas, too, as the world — and Google Maps — changes so quickly. Perhaps I'll do something like this with my friends after Connect live 2018! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Mas @RahmatHarmanP,

Ini ada Video "photowalk map chalenge" dari mas Sohibul Anwar

Level 8

Great initiatives by Yogyakarta Local Guides. Keep continuing.  @RahmatHarmanP 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 9

Wow @RahmatHarmanP

TERIMA KASIH SUDAH BERBAGI PENGALAMAN TENTANG INI

Level 10

very inspiratif

Wisnu Salman from Indonesia