N4speed77's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Need Help adding pictures

I have a question for everyone. I always see people posting a lot of pictures to the same post, some of which are amazing and very clear. I sometimes try to post pictures and am told that they are too large to post. I have my phone set only at 6M for pictures (and only take them using my phone), there is no lower setting, and still sometimes I cannot even upload one. The only way I have added the ones that I have done so far is by taking a screenshot of the picture and then cropping out some of it. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way? Or are most of you posting pictures from a PC versus a mobile device going through Local Connect. Please give me some guidance team.

Harrisburg, PA, USA
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Need Help adding pictures

Hello @N4speed77, I know what you mean, as I have had the same error message when trying to add a picture I just took with my phone. 

I usually then upload that photo to Dropbox and then resize it with Gimp (the open source equivalent of Photoshop) on desktop. Then I can upload it and still have a decent resolution.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @N4speed77, I know what you mean, as I have had the same error message when trying to add a picture I just took with my phone. 

I usually then upload that photo to Dropbox and then resize it with Gimp (the open source equivalent of Photoshop) on desktop. Then I can upload it and still have a decent resolution.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

Hello @N4speed77

The picture size can make feel a real pain when it comes to uploading it to connect, as it has a very limited picture size. Usually in my case, mostly I use the desktop for reducing picture size before uploading it to connect.

But, there is a lot of third party apps available on play & ios stores for compressing picture sizes while maintaining most of it's quality.

I suggest you to use those apps for time being till connect let us upload high resolution pictures 🙂

Just a quick note, this issue has previously been raised quite many times & probably we will see an update, where we can directly upload pictures via google photos or maybe a larger file size.

Just be patient & hope for the best 🙂

I hope, I manage to answer your query.

Regards 

Connect Moderator

Well, in fact there is an option @N4speed77, for showing pictures in Connect, without uploading it. Not being uploaded, the pictures are also not counted (as you may know, we have a limit of 1000 photos in here).

Btw, is an option that is not easy to manage by phone, because you need to switch to HTML your editor, for adding a small command, that is needed to link the picture.

As the mobile version of Connect don't have the command for switching to HTML the editor, you have to use, on the phone, the desktop version of the Page

Not simple, but possible, so feel free to ask for more detail.

Once in HTML, you can follow the indications given in this post: Tips for Uploading Images to Connect to Stay Within Limit

Let me know if you need more details

Ermes

Level 8

@ErmesT @Haseeb @JanVanHaver thank you all for your quick response and helping me out. It is appreciated. 

Connect Moderator

@N4speed77

You have already received very good answers.

I always make a screenshot of the picture on my smartphone to reduce the size....😉. But other options are better.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r