Naiem's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Need Help About Google Map Blue Dot

When i standing somewhere, the blue dot jumped around my nearby in google map. I report to google map several times for blue dot issue. It's very annoying for me. I want stop the blue dot jumping. Is there any solution?blue dotblue dot

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Need Help About Google Map Blue Dot

Hi @Naiem

In addition to the useful indications of @colinchaffers

consider also to calibrate your compass: tap on the blue dot and choose "compass calibration" IMG_20171227_125401.png

Screenshot_20171227-122634.png

It can help 

Ermes 

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Naiem this is your location.

If you want to get rid of this you should disable your location sharing with Google Maps, but I'm not sure this could be a nice move for a Local Guide!!!

Sorry, i didn't understand your question: please, mark the other answer as best answer, is more correct!! You need to improve the precision of your localization.

Level 8

This is a function of your phone, not google, look in the "help" section of your phone and it should help, on my Android for instance having WIFI and Bluetooth enabled gives more accurate result.  

Level 10

Level 1

Thanks for explanation. I wanted to know it as well.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Naiem

In addition to the useful indications of @colinchaffers

consider also to calibrate your compass: tap on the blue dot and choose "compass calibration" IMG_20171227_125401.png

Screenshot_20171227-122634.png

It can help 

Ermes 

Level 8

By the way, I think the reason that your seeing jumping is because on start up the GPS picks up a few satellites, maybe 3 or 4 , this gives a rough indication of where you are, it continues pick up satellites which refine your position, if you leave the location running all the time it would help this.