BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Naag Panchami - Worshipping the serpantine god

Naag (Serpantine God) Panchami (5th day)

I've designed this art to place over the main door of the buildingI've designed this art to place over the main door of the building

Many centuries ago our ancestors discovered that snakes absorb the poison present in our environment and make it worth living for all. Then they started worshipping them as one form of the god. There are several stories about snake god and they are prayed in many ways. In the above are I have drawn 8 snakes to represent 8 different kind of snakes of whose name wrritten in Sanskrit langauge verse. The miracle of snake god can be felt in Taudaha, Kathmandu, Nepal area where we already conducted worldwide photowalk to discover hidden gems. There is a special day on our own calender in which female snake is believed to visit her parent's house. The effect can be seen on crops. All the crops get deflected in the direction she goes. As she comes back they stand back to previous stage. This is so strange.

All other creatures presented above are venom insects. They are mentioned there to prevent the harm they can cause to us. When the art is placed in the house it is believed that they don't attact the house. The sun and the moon are also there as they nourish the earth and make it suitable for life.

Goodness is godness. Anything that bears goodness is whorshipped here in Nepal. Today is the day to worship the serpentine god Naag. So Happy Naag Panchami to everyone of us.

Kathmandu, Nepal
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Naag Panchami - Worshipping the serpantine god

Hi @BishowvijayaP

Very good artwork.

Greetings for the festival.

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

Thank you for the detailed information about this artwork @BishowvijayaP

Even though I follow the Sanatan (hindu), i was not aware about the origin of Naag Panchami Puja. 

In india it is also celebrated as one of the major festival in the month of holy Shrawan. Many devotees claims that they have  seen tge appearance of serpentine god (cobra) in different Shiva temples around the country. Thy appears to bless the devotees. Even they accept the milk offered by devotees. 

1534238488-nag-temple.jpg

nag_1534222860.jpeg

Connect Moderator

Happy Nag Panchami bro @BishowvijayaP

Thanks for sharing. We also celebrate this festival here. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you so much @VijayDesai. 🙂 I love the way our name's part (vijay) matched in someway. Have a great time ahead. 🙂

Level 10

I am very pleased to see your shared photos @NandKK. Thank you so much. Hinduism has a lot of things for which a single lifetime is not enough. So lets share continuously what we know with each other. 🙂

Level 10

Thank you so much @NareshDarji for being a part of this celebration. Happy nag panchami to you too. Keep on celebrating 🙂

Level 10

Yeah bro, I totally agree with you @BishowvijayaP, hinduism is great religion moreover it's an art of living. 

We will continuous share about our festivals to know the each others culture. 

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

I am very pleased to see your shared photos @NandKK. Thank you so much. Hinduism has a lot of things for which a single lifetime is not enough. So lets share continuously what we know with each other. 🙂

Level 10

Yeah! @NandKK, keep on tagging me in such information from you. 🙂

Level 10