Trail_blazer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

NOT Applied · Place creation

There is a nursing home in my city and the main Obstetricians of this nursing home is very popular among people..She is also the owner of the this nursing home. Unfortunately her nursing home wasn't mapped . I tried to search the place but I couldn't find it.. later I came across a name of hospital with zero reviews and wrong name (somebody added it with her surname) and category. So I tried to add photos and correct the name, category and timing of the nursing home and I knew it's a futile exercise because changes hardly get applied and approved. And No surprises changes weren't applied so I tried to create a new place with correct information and photos. Though most of my new place creation go successful but this one didn't. I visited the nursing home physically despite all this ,place can't be created and neither wrong one can be updated.

India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: NOT Applied · Place creation

Hi @Trail_blazer You can  tell and inform the business Owner to claim their business through the Google my business platform as well:Google My Business. This will be great and they would also be able to manage their information and keep it up to date.

Since there is already a listing for the nursing home though wrong input details as regards the name is incorrect, I will advise you not to re create another listing so it doesn't bring irregularities to the Maps.

You can also go through this post that talks about Reasons why our Edits are Pending or Not Applied:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Trail_blazer You can  tell and inform the business Owner to claim their business through the Google my business platform as well:Google My Business. This will be great and they would also be able to manage their information and keep it up to date.

Since there is already a listing for the nursing home though wrong input details as regards the name is incorrect, I will advise you not to re create another listing so it doesn't bring irregularities to the Maps.

You can also go through this post that talks about Reasons why our Edits are Pending or Not Applied:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

Kind Regards

Level 9

Hello,

@Trail_blazer Kindly check this PINNED POST I hope it will help. If you find a category on the map that you are not able to use then Google is not currently accepting such submissions. Trying to use a different category will result in denials.

Level 10

@Trail_blazer @HelloSamsonR

I think HelloSamsonR has given you the best possible answer and solution. I just want to add that adding a place with a similar name and located close to the (wrongly entered) place most likely wont work. Adding places where there is a similar named one nearby usually gets rejected. Editing an existing place with a slightly different information usually also gets rejected immediately - at least for me. That might be an automated process and is very unlikely to get approved. The "cleanest" way is the one SamsonR has described. That should work. Since it is the business of the owner of that facility it is in his very own interest to maintain his business details correct.

Level 10

Yes I agree with the pinned post but my point is, the owner might not be having any idea of claim feature. And I don't know if she uses google maps or not. I was talking on the guide level that somebody mapped something but when I tried to refine the data it didn't succeed. I was just curious if mapped data created by local guides of level 8,9 n 10 has more credibility than others ? That nursing home remained untouched for so long no body corrected the name, category and even no reviews so even if my data go pending for reviewing I see very less chances of it getting verified by other guides and mappers.