GhazalaShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My unfinished comment vanishes instead of being saved as a draft

This has happened second time. Just a while back I was writing a reply on Emrest's post 'Feeling of sun' in the photography section. When I clicked the icon of camera to upload a photo, I was guided to my phoho gallery and I selected a photo there. But an error appeared that the photo size should be lesser than this. When I returned to Emrest's post, my answer which I composed & typed with much effort; was gone! No where to be found.. no draft nothing...!! OMG I am depressed 😪😓.. please someone guide.. I am a dud 🐸

Karachi, Pakistan
16 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: My unfinished comment vanishes instead of being saved as a draft

Hi @GhazalaShah

You can see the drafts of your unsent messages in your Connect profile. Go to your profile and next to the Posts, Comments and Photos tabs you will find the Draft tab.

In the attached photo you can see clearly where to find it. 

Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 14.24.09.png
Please let me know if you manage to find your reply to Ermest's post. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@JavieraAu  sorry to say that none of the drafts saved is worthwhile. Few useless one liners or even one word saying 'hey' are saved. The drafts I was sad about were lengthy compositions. But no problem.. However the lesson I learnt is that you always have to be in a fear of data loss. A few times I tried to copy paste my unfinished work to some file somewhere in my device but found that there were issues doing this and after selection the only option you got was 'open with Chrome' 🤔🤣. Nevertheless.. I humbly thank you for your guidance 🍎🌿🦋

Level 10

BTW.. if possible please guide me on getting some training or some course done to understand the ways of tackling problems related to participation at Connect. Actually I am not an expert in all this 🙂

@GhazalaShah, sorry to hear that you didn't find the draft of your post in the Draft tab.

Can you please inform me from what device did you try to reply? Was it a desktop or mobile phone? If you were using a mobile device, it's going to be really helpful if you could tell us the model and the version of the operation system that you have.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Yes Miss surely. It is an Android smartphone called Samsung Galaxy S9+. Model SM-G965F. About a week ago the operating system is upgraded from Oreo to Pie. One UI version 1.0 Android version 9. Many thanks dear @JavieraAu for your precious attention 🌿🍇🙂

Thanks a lot for this information @GhazalaShah

Just to be sure, is it possible that you've completely get out from the post from the arrow in the left down corner? If yes, that is how you totally exit the composed reply. Instead, would you mind trying again, as to try pressing the X in the upper left corner, so you can return in the body of the post. 

From the screenshot below you can see the two buttons.

IMG_1320.jpg

Level 10

@JavieraAu good morning ! Ok. I tried again and clicked the back arrow on upper left corner (in my device there is an arrow here, not a cross). Generally when in mid of a post, I click upper left arrow; a window appears warning me that if I left the site my work will be closed. But I somehow left the site but found a draft of 'Hello just testing' (including below). Again I tried to select a heavier photo file & got the same warning that reduce the size of file and then try again. But this time I was automatically brought back to the message left in middle. Previously (for 2-3 times) on this stage the message got vanished after getting warning about file size, with no draft saved.
Screenshot_20190208-171520_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the update @GhazalaShah. We are going to investigate this matter. If we have some more additional question we are going to get in touch with you.

Level 10

This happened once again today. I feel like pulling my hair. How can I take out so much time and energy to compose my work again? Connect app is having some other issues too which make me leave it instead of posting comfortably. @JavieraAu