MaxWalsh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My summary of LG (Max Walsh)

Hello to all the local guides of the world.
Some already know me, others do not, but I will summarize my life and how I became a Local Guides.
I'm Max Walsh from Buenos Aires Argentina, 37 years old just turned. I work in an Air line in my country and that opens the doors to travel the world at prices that are more than accessible. To the point that I became an addiction (So far this year, I flew every month to different destinations) And in total I have visited about 46 countries.

In one of my trips I started taking 360 photos with the Street View app back in 2015, I remember it was in Prague, on that same trip I started to contribute to Google Maps and without wanting to or realizing it was a Local Guide. From that moment I never stopped to help, upload photos, make reviews and evaluate each site I visited.
In 2017 it was the great year and it pushed for me, since for the first time I had an invitation to attend Google Buenos Aires, Wowwww what a surprise for me at that moment, it was a very nice experience and my first Meet Up.

Google Buenos AiresGoogle Buenos Aires

After that, everything happened very fast, a few days later I received an email that there was going to be a Local Guides 2017 summit in San Francisco. For those of level 5, I was close to reaching that level, so I struggled and arrived, then I started to record the famous 1 minute video and sign up to attend this event, which I saw very far and almost impossible for me.
With the passage of time, I looked forward to May 19 (the day they were going to announce the 150 members that were going to attend) I was traveling through Egypt, without internet and thinking about that mail. In the afternoon when I arrived at the hotel and when connecting, I got that famous mail where it said the following:

InvitacionInvitacion

I'm not going to lie, some tears escaped me with joy, I called my mom on the phone and then I published it for all the networks that I have. He was an assistant to the Local Guides 2017 in San Francisco !!!!!!
Months later Juan Chiste contacted me to see if I wanted to make a video for the Local Guides Youtube channel and I accepted. The video is the following

During the filming I met @FaridTDF, although we had contact, I only knew about him through Connect. So we got together and we talked a lot.
Here the photo of the end of the video production will recognize some of the guys who also filmed in San Francisco, as well as Agustina Yornet who went to the event.

In September, I had the honor of meeting @TraciC, he came to Buenos Aires to do the accessibility meetings in the Google offices. Where after a talk we went for a walk in San Telmo, in the same meeting was Farid Monti, Luis Lanus @ValeriaA_@santiagoirale@Jesi and some other guys.

#a11y 23 de septiembre 2017#a11y 23 de septiembre 2017

And it was time to travel to San Francisco, where everyone knows the story and where we all dream of attending. Those who attend, I advise you to enjoy everything, are almost 3 days where they keep us busy and fun. I leave only some photos.

Local Guides Summit 2017Local Guides Summit 2017

At Summit 17, it gave me the opportunity to meet great people, with some I was able to talk more, and with others I did not know them. But a great experience and new friendships we did. I have many of them on my Instagram and Facebook. 

I can not name everyone, but I send my regards to here to @HeyJoe  @HiroyukiTakisawa @AlejandraMaria @KarenVChin @MuhannadK And many more...... (I can only mention 10 people)

Today they are Local Guides Level 9, I organized some meetings and I have attended all those that were done so far, I try to motivate those who are new and are encouraged to contribute.
My contributions reach 17 countries in total, every corner of the world where I travel, there I leave my mark and my opinion. And being a local Guides is a lifestyle, from the moment I leave my house until I return. And I will continue doing it because I love it.
I hope you enjoyed my story.
Greetings and success to all!

mapa.jpg

6 Meses6 Meses

n9.jpg

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Buenos Aires, CABA, Argentina
27 comments
Level 10

Re: My summary of LG (Max Walsh)

@MaxWalsh You are a great contributor and wish you good luck.

Connect Moderator

Hola @MaxWalsh, tienes un estilo Local Guides muy marcado y una gran personalidad con maneras simples y agradables, pude compartir contigo algunas reuniones y comidas de las cuales siempre me senti muy contento, el post que nos compartiste es un gran resumen de tu paso por el proyecto Local Guides gracias por formar parte de el, eres un gran miembro que siempre da lo mejor. Y que hace honor a los 5 valores LG.

Un gran saludo Max y comparte más de estos post en Connect, que tienes buenos consejos para darnos de tus viajes por el mundo.

Farid.

Level 8

Inspiring story 🙂 I hope you make good pictures and give those google spots some attention they deserve! What camera do you use?

Level 9

@MaxWalsh Greetings Brother!! It's been a honor to meet & connect w/ you in SF & LGC. I hope to see you again if we will both get selected. This pls bring Messi jersey 😉

I see @BudionoS @YK1001 @AnuradhaP

Regards

Joe!! 

Connect Moderator

Hi, @MaxWalsh!

Your contributions are amazing!!!

I hope to meet you again 🙂

Level 9

Thank you very much @MaxWalsh 

Your journey is really inspiring .. 

Its my pleasure to be your friend  .. 👍 and everyone in local guides  .. 

Level 10

Thank you very much and equally for you @AnuradhaP

Level 10

Gracias @FaridTDF la idea siempre es aportar, ayudar y seguir sumando.

Nos estaremos viendo como siempre en las proximas juntadas!

Abrazo

Level 10

Hi @MaxWalsh,

This such a great story. I have really enjoyed it. We cannot imagine what you have gone trough. 

It is good to see you in the video! You are like a superstar!

Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you all the best for this year.

See you around

Jul