LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My september in Local Guides - new Highlights email

My September LG HighlightsMy September LG Highlights

Have you received yours? This is a new format for me. Still curious on how the different emails are triggered 🙂

10 comments
Level 8

Re: My september in Local Guides - new Highlights email

I love it! Is it new? It's my first time receiving one, so I didn't know it had changed. I was sitting right between level 6 and 7, and it sparked a bunch of photography and Q&A stuff when I was previously feeling a little bit like I was treading water or miles from any substantive progress/leveling. Google knows what they're doing when it comes to brightly-colored gamification tactics.

Level 10

Yes! They know how to crunch big data! But the strangest thing is that the september photos view is totally wrong; actually I have around 800.000 views each week!

Level 8

In my experience, the photo view metrics are laughably off - even within the Google Maps app, I will get two or three different total/cumulative numbers. That is referring just to photos you took during the month of September, though, right? 800,000 total each week could def = the number you have for just the photos that were taken in the month of September, no?

Regardless, I put very little stock into the photo view numbers, because they seem to update at odd intervals, and sometimes in a huge batch (jumping from 11,000 total views to 37,000 in a day after not having moved from 11,000 for nearly a week).

It seems like it all catches up eventually, but I would definitely not implicitly trust the big-picture numbers that attempt to add everything up (certainly not in the moment).

Level 8

Hi @LucioV Yes I received my September local guide email and yes the format of mine is exactly like yours also. It looks good and encouraging too 😁 Also my numbers are usually wrong also, seems to be not up to date I think

Level 10

Yes @kmichaelcook maybe you are right and total views could refer to views of september uploaded photos only.

Level 8

Hi @LucioV I was just looking at your post again and my own email to study layout again. My goodness, you usually have 800,000 views a week! I think Google should employ you to work for them or at least give you a free holiday 😀 Also, that is a huge difference in numbers to what is on your email. I think maybe Google needs some help in 'Facts Checked' 😁

Level 10

Eheheh thanks @Eire27, in effect I would love to work for Google, not in Local Guides program, anyway.

I know some people that are over 2 Million views/week!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations @LucioV

You are doing so great

#inspiration

Level 10

Dear @LucioV

Here is my Scorecard, informing Top in Vadodara, India for September 2018.

My September 2018 Score, Top 1% in Vadodara, India.My September 2018 Score, Top 1% in Vadodara, India.

Vijay Desai.