HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

My neighbors are noodle lovers

IMG_20170820_111808-COLLAGE.jpg

Do you know Iwate prefecture in Japan? Probably most of the people don't know there. My home prefecture, Iwate, is in the northeast of Japan and far from Tokyo. Of course, there are many sightseeing resources there but this time is not for them.

The people in Iwate (include me) love noodles too much. So popular and famous foods of Iwate are all noodles. This time, I introduce the noodles of Iwate to you. When you come to Japan, please try them and visit Iwate not only famous towns.

There are three famous noodles in Iwate. We call them "Morioka (The prefectural capital of Iwate) big three noodles (盛岡三大麺)".

Morioka Reimen (盛岡冷麺)
Morioka Reimen's noodles are rice noodles. The soup is cold and tastes salty and beef soup stock. Toppings are beef, Japanese-onion, sliced-cucumber, boiled egg, kimchi, and fruit. Morioka Reimen is served at Yakiniku restaurants all over Japan. I love this!

Jaja-men (じゃじゃ麺)
Jaja-men's noodles look like Udon. Mix noodles and original meat-miso well and eat. Toppings are sliced-cucumber, Japanese-onion, and ginger. There is a meat-miso bowl on your side, so you can adjust the taste as you like.
After eating, a lot of people drink a soup using the dish. It is called Chi-tan soup (ちーたん). Of course, I love this too!

Wanko-soba (わんこそば)
To be honest, I don't know this is food or not. Wanko-soba may be a name of competition.
You'll start to eat a bit of soba (Buckwheat noodle) with a very small bowl. And when you finish to eat it, a staff adds the next soba in your bowl very soon. It never stops until you cover a bowl or say "Stop" before a staff adds some soba.
If you achieve to eat over 100 cups, you can get an award! Challenge to do it. By the way, the price is fixed no matter the number of bowls.
I think this is interesting and like to watch the people do this.

[Japanese]
冷麺とわんこそばは全国的にも有名ですね。みなさんは食べたことがあるでしょうか?良い記念にはなると思いますが、どう思われましたか?人口の割にそば屋、ラーメン屋などが多い岩手県は麺類好きのあなたにイチオシの観光地です。

日本、岩手県盛岡市
23 comments
Google Moderator

Re: My neighbors are noodle lovers

Hello @HiroyukiTakisawa,

This is another great noodles series from you, just out of curiosity is the jaja-men have similarity with the Chinese black bean noodle, also I saw a lot online about the noodles challenge, do you every try it?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @AngieYC

I guess Chinese black bean noodle is the origin of Jaja-men. Actually, they are so similar!

I didn't know what is the noodle challenge so I searched it. Wanko-soba may be alike. By the way, I have tried it twice. These memories were so hard for me...

Google Moderator

Hello @HiroyukiTakisawa,

I know that there are a lot of food challenges in Japan, like to finish one hundred bowls of noodles like you mentioned, giant gyoza, giant bowls of ramen and more. 

These days I think it's known as Mukbang. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

@HiroyukiTakisawaさん、

盛岡三大麺の麺を紹介していただき誠にありがとうございます。とても面白い投稿です。全部の麺は美味しそうです。

私も一回冷麺を食べたことがありました。とても美味しかったです。私に珍しいのは麺の中にスイカが入っていました。

Level 9

Looks delicious, i like noodles too @HiroyukiTakisawa

Connect Moderator

Thank you for telling me @AngieYC

I searched for Mukbang. It looks interesting but I hope they really enjoy eating.

By the way, this is a someone's video about Wanko-soba:-) 

Let's try to search by "Wankosoba" on Youtube!

Connect Moderator

@Ivi_Geさん

次の機会にはぜひ他の麺もためしてみてくださいね!

スイカは時期によってりんごや他の果物だったりもします。不思議ですが、それが盛岡冷麺なのだそうです。最近は「焼き冷麺」という料理もでてきました。面白いですね。

以前紹介したそばも岩手では非常に人気があり、美味しいお店がたくさんあります。美味しいそばを食べるのであればこちらのお店に行ったほうが良いかもしれません。

Connect Moderator

Hi, @AbdullahAM

I'm happy there are a lot of lovers of noodle here:-)

This post also may be good for you. The charm of Ramen

Google Moderator

Hello @HiroyukiTakisawa,

From what I know, she is one of the famous Mukbang girl from Japan. I think now Iwate is worth the visit! 

By the way, just as additional information I think it's best to not insert the video here. As you know, that now we are pretty strict with the plagiarize content.