Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

My list of edits is gone!

Hi @sonnyNg

This is what I get when opening my list of edits on Android:

Screenshot_20200318_235255_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

On Desktop I get a notice that only edits after 2016 is shown. But nothing shows up. Also, IOS has the problem. 

My 16.000 edits are still listed under my maps profile. As seen here:

Screenshot_20200318_235805.jpg

Due to delay in updating these figures we can not conclude a lot from this. 

The issue happened immediately after I made an edit where I changed almost alle the fields for an art gallery where a furniture store just took over. And deliberately I used the option where I did not chose Fix the name, but the other option to close the art gallery and at the same time open the furniture store. 

The art art gallery got closed permanently. The furniture store  was created. But the three photos I added was left on the closed art gallery. So I deleted them and re uploaded them to the furniture store. I don't know if the empty edits list is related to this. But the timing suggests so. And it is very rare that I close and create a new place in one go. I think I only did so once before. 

I know @JanVanHaver is experiencing the same issue. And for several days now. Maybe he noticed what happened prior to his problem. 

Not so cheerful

Morten 

Copenhagen, Denmark
215 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Missing Contributions Edits on Google Maps

Hello everyone,

Our teams let us know that the issue was resolved, can you please reach back and let us know if you are still unable to see your edits @MortenCopenhagen@JanVanHaver  @NABILazeez@Globe_trotter_Ish@SergeySud@MapWrangler ?

Thank you in advance!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

I cannot view Edits (status) under contributions.

I'm unable to view any edit status information under "My Contributions" -- either on a desktop (Mac OS) (on any browser) or on my iPhone.  All that displays is "Only showing edits suggested after May 2016" ... the rest  of the screen (panel) is blank.

I can see photos and reviews.  This condition has existed for many months.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Thank you.

Connect Moderator

Re: I cannot view Edits (status) under contributions.

Hi @MapWrangler, sorry to hear that. Could you share a screenshot?

Regards,

Alexandre Campbell

Level 10

@AlexandreCampbell , sure:

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.50.59 PM.jpg

Connect Moderator

Thanks @MapWrangler, I thought that I'd understood your question, but it's totally clear. I thought that it could be related to some privacy settings, but it doesn't seem the case. Very sorry!

Level 10

@MapWrangler If this is recent, I would suggest to give it a bit of time (couple of days) and check back. Recently at least some people have said also their review sections had been blanked out, but after few days returned. I have had that happened to myself sometime before. 

Just tagging @KatyaL a Google moderator to see if we have other people reporting the same issue recently and if any help can be extended.

Level 10

Hi @StephenAbraham ,

Thanks for your reply.

No, as I said in my initial post this has been going on for some time -- at least 4 months, if not longer.

Also, it only affect edits (status) -- I can view reviews and photos without any difficulty.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MapWrangler,

Thanks for explaining your issue. Please be informed that we are aware of the problem and will investigate this further. 

Thanks @StephenAbraham for tagging me to add me to the discussion.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10
Level 10

@KatyaL  Please do fast ...... Thanks...... @StephenAbraham  Brother love from punjab India 

Baljinder_singh From Punjab, India
Connect Moderator

Hello @MapWrangler , I have actually faced the exact same issue. It's possible that indeed it started 4 months ago or so. As you will have noticed, I wrote 'have faced' and not 'am facing' as, a couple of weeks, all of a sudden the edits were back, and the section has been behaving as before ever since for me.

At the time, I was in touch with some other L10 LGs that have the same issue, and what all of us had in common (and I suspect will also be valid for you): our number of edits was very high (several tens of thousands).

So: it is fixable, but that's all I can say now.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply