Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My holiday trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand

With the longest neck at Karen VillageWith the longest neck at Karen Village

Long neck peopleLong neck people

Anusarn Night MarketAnusarn Night Market

Dog sleeping. Catch this photo while waiting for the train to the temple, Doi SuthepDog sleeping. Catch this photo while waiting for the train to the temple, Doi Suthep

Fried Grasshopper.Fried Grasshopper.

Some souvenirs at Chiang Mai night marketSome souvenirs at Chiang Mai night market

This is at Waroros MarketThis is at Waroros Market

Chiang Mai City, viewing from top of Wat Phra That Doi SuthepChiang Mai City, viewing from top of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep

Painting at plate, bowl, tray. Anusarn Night MarketPainting at plate, bowl, tray. Anusarn Night Market

Tomyam gung! Anusarn Night MarketTomyam gung! Anusarn Night Market

Chiang Mai, Thailand
34 comments
Level 10

Re: My holiday trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Diana_umbat

Hi

I would say an excellent review on your visit to Thailand.

Pictures are good and well written.

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Diana_umbat,

Thanks for sharing about your trip!

Your photos are lovely, and it seems you had an amazing time in Thailand.

Maybe you could add some information to your post, and tell us a bit more about your trip. Posts with more information tend to draw more attention form other Local Guides, and will also have a greater chance at being featured in the Friday Favorites post. 

Feel free to check out What makes a good post?, which lays out the best practices for posting on Connect.

What was your favorite moment from your time in Thailand? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing this amazing trip with us. @Diana_umbat Did you from Bali? I saw it on your T-shirt. Is it your first visit there, what did you enjoy the most? How long you will stay in Thailand?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Aruni I am Malaysian. I was in Bali last year June. It's a Company trip. After Bali trip, i go to Phnom Penh, Cambodia in November for holidays. The holiday trip to Chiang Mai was 3 nights only. Plan to go Bangkok in April. Hopefully. 😁

Look like you love travel @Diana_umbat, I dream to have a trip like you.

Have fun, enjoy your time and don't forget to share your experience here. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Aruni thank you. I will enjoy every trips and share my favorite photos here with you all.

For me we must see the world. At least to the place that within my budget. Shared with friends, families, may help a lot to travel far. I have been to Lisbon, Portugal. Dubrovnik, Croatia. London. Gold Coast & Brisbane Australia. Istanbul,Turkey. Lombok & Bali Indonesia. Hatyai, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Siem Reap & Phnom Penh Cambodia. Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I shared all the photos in Google.

I plan to go Bangkok & Israel this year. Praying for it. 

God bless 

Hi @Diana_umbat,

Thank you, Have fun and I can't wait to see your next experiences and travels!

Hi @Diana_umbat,

I think we have visited one and the same place! I also have a photo with the same person. Take a look!

Caption: A photo of me and a women from the Karen Long Neck Tribe in Thailand. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of me and a women from the Karen Long Neck Tribe in Thailand. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

While I was visiting Thailand I had never known before that this tribe is located here. I was so happy to learn more about them and to find out that actually they are a minority and live out of the city. While visiting I found out that Karen people have their own villages located far from the cities in forests. 

I really hope that those kind of tribes are supported by the country and that there are lots of tourists to go there and contribute by buying some souvenirs and help this society.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@TsekoV

I have visited this place twice. They have another one, but quiet far from the city. About 1hrs+ to reach there. To go the village, they have a truck to transport you to the village. But there a not many families there. I heard from the local lady who drove us to Karen Village, the place that i went already closed due to few family have moved.

There's are two tribe living there. Akha and the Long neck people, The Karen, The Palong, something like that. The first one when you enter the Karen Village are the Akha Tribe. i hope the government of Thailand will helps them to improve the place, probably maintained the place nicer.Akha TribeAkha Tribe

Akha TribeAkha Tribe