NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My first solo road trip. USA. Day 4: majestic Grand Canyon

14_1.jpg

My American road trip was a dream. And this dream became a truth. I should confess: I was scare a little bit when started my trip. It’s difficult to describe those feelings. It was incredible adventure! My first stop was amazing Valley of Fire, my second stop was incredible Zion Canyon, my third stop was colorful Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. You can read about it there: Day 1Day 2Day 3.

10_1.jpg

If to be honest, first of all I wanted to see Grand Canyon. I didn’t think about all visited places before my trip. But due to my dream - to go to Grand Canyon - I saw Valley of Fire, Zion Canyon, Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend.

1_1.jpg9_1.jpg

Grand Canyon is national park. If you have annual pass it’s free for your and your car. If you don’t have it you should pay 35 dollars.

22_1.jpg

Grand Canyon is huge. You should decide what do you want to see first of all. If you have only one day you couldn’t see all canyon, all observation decks, you couldn’t hike everywhere. You should be realist. Can you imagine: the length is 446 km, the width is 29 km,  the depth is 1,6 km.

I'm like a birdI'm like a bird

You can move in Grand Canyon by shuttle, by car (but it's difficult to find parking place), by bikes and walking. I used shuttle and my legs ?

18_1.jpgDo you see Colorado River?Do you see Colorado River?

You could loose your a sense of time in this beautiful place. If I’d spent one hour more I’d missed my flight to New York from Vegas. I walked, took pictures and didn’t watch the time. But finally everything was ok - I was in airport one hour before my flight.

15_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

Everytime in my trips I met new friends. Sometimes there are people, sometimes there are animals… Do you remember amazing sheeps from my first day? In this trip I met… elk. It was incredible. I’m not sure but I think it was girl. She walked around and ate some leave.

My new friend  :-)My new friend ?

When I recorded my video elk went near me. I didn’t expect it and I was scare a little bit. You can see this moment: Elk&me

Amazing elkAmazing elkShe is beautyShe is beauty

Grand Canyon, Аризона, США
19 comments
Level 6

Re: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 4: majestic Grand Canyon

exquisite

Level 8

Hi @NatalkaR

Seems like you are so lucky to visit such beautiful places in the USA. 

Excellent photography and the weather also were very good. 

Welcome to Bangladesh!

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Former Google Contributor

Hey @NatalkaR,

Thanks for sharing day 4 in your trip! Your photos are awesome and it looks pretty amazing! I am glad to see you got the chance to fulfill your dream! I have quite a fear of heights, so I'll be sure to observe from a distance. 😁 

If I only had 1 day, which place would you recommend to visit?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Former Google Contributor

Hi @NatalkaR,

I've been waiting to read more of your travels in the US! Looks stunning! It's been a dream for me as well to visit the Canyons and other similar parks. They look quite high to climb? Was it a tough hike and is one day enough to see it? 

Thanks a lot for sharing it here. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

A long waited post from you @NatalkaR,

Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos! It was a complete joy when I saw you posted a new story from your journey in the States.

I hope to see the Grand Canyon one day too. Now that you've mentioned you visited several national parks, do you have a favorite? 

Out of curiosity, will you tell us a story from Las Vegas? Did you spend some time there or you just caught your flight to New York?

P.S.: Congratulations on achieving the highest level on Connect! I noticed the new badge while commenting your post. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Marvelous trip 🙂

Level 9

Hi @NatalkaR Your photos are really awesome and it looks beautiful!  last year I was planning to visit there and some reason couldn't make. I love the texture of that canyon. I hope to see the Grand Canyon one day 🙂

Level 10

Level 9

Excellent post @NatalkaR

Thank you for sharing with us.