OkekeNkiruka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My farm my wealth

Today I present my farm produce of the year, GREEN BEANS fondly called AKIDI in my community,entire Anambra and beyond.

It is one of the crop that my community enjoyed cultivating, mostly planted during the period of dry and rainy season, it stayed up to 5 months before harvesting,cooked with yam to get the best of it and one of Igbo's delicacy you will not like to miss. I did the cultivation this year and it yield me a fruitful harvest,people keep asking me how I could manage my office work,schooling and the same time visit my farm,I always visit my farm every weekend to check on it and also with the help of my younger ones we made it.

When harvesting Akidi it need all seriousness,focus and humility to avoid damage of the seeds.

Below are the picture of my Akidi farm

IMG_20181004_105320.jpg

Akidi is mostly cooked and accompanied with yam to eat,in my community and village in particular it's one of crop that gives money and my people drives joy in cultivating it,and am happy to be among those that experience it this yearAkidi is mostly cooked and accompanied with yam to eat,in my community and village in particular it's one of crop that gives money and my people drives joy in cultivating it,and am happy to be among those that experience it this year

It takes a period of 4-5 months for it'd germination,.It takes a period of 4-5 months for it'd germination,.

Looking at the image you see me harvesting the seeds on my farm that's my major source of income,thanks to my parent for giving out one of the lands to me.Looking at the image you see me harvesting the seeds on my farm that's my major source of income,thanks to my parent for giving out one of the lands to me.

Picture of my farm land,looking at the image you will see a lot of crops,which I engage in mixed cropping, one farm land with a lot of crops their include: Tomatoes, cassava, Maize,okro.Picture of my farm land,looking at the image you will see a lot of crops,which I engage in mixed cropping, one farm land with a lot of crops their include: Tomatoes, cassava, Maize,okro.

Awgbu, Nigeria
19 comments
Level 8

Re: My farm my wealth

Hi @OkekeNkiruka Well done, Great job. With your hard work, you have reaped your reward. Also thankyou for sharing great photos ☺

Level 8

Congratulations, @OkekeNkiruka! Wishing you even more success for the next season 😄

Level 8

Thanks  @ThamaraKandabada really appreciate

Level 8

Thanks  @Eire27 for the words of encouragement.

Level 9

Spoiler

Wow!. I love your industrious spirit. You are really an illustrous daughter of Awgbu. Ride on girl. Akidi taste great. I love it more than normal beans @OkekeNkiruka

Level 8

Thanks @UchechukwuEnem you really inspired me alot

Level 6

Wow this is lovely. Keep up the spirit dear.

Level 10

This is one of the motivating factor in encouraging others to build yourself an empire which also serves as helping the community by providing daily meals we all can't do without. Good job @OkekeNkiruka@ you're doing and I'll love to visit your farm too.

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 8

Thanks @MrLabule  your welcomed anytime,any day. Thanks@Chomy