bharathgup's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My experience with bank and GMap.

I was suppose to pay some tax to one of the government body by depositing the money in a bank. When I called the customer care of the bank I got to know that not all branches of the bank have the facility of accepting the tax. Interstingly the address of the bank that customer care person was telling me is completely different from what I knew. I felt the branch name and address of the bank is not really matching.

I knew a that there exists some branch in 3 kms radius. But I could not recall the branch name. I wanted to ask him if that branch accepts the tax or not. But to ask him I should tell him the branch name which I don't remember. At that point in time Google map came to my help. I knew that one or the other local guide would have been uploaded the photo. And one or the other photo would help me to get branch name. And finally 'Yes!!!' I found the photo which has branch name. So I deposited money in next 20 mins. 

If this was not there my next 2 to 2.5 hrs would have been wasted due to peek traffic hours and the misunderstanding between branch name and address.. 

Whitefield, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: My experience with bank and GMap.

thanks @bharathgup for sharing your experience. This is one of the reasons why I started to contribute to Maps