cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6
Level 6

My experience with Local Guides

Hello!

My name is Génesis and I’m from Peru. Today I would like to share with you my experience as a Local Guide.

First at all, I have to say that I love taking pictures to every place I go since I was teenager. The beauty of the landscapes in Peru attracts me very much and capturing those scenarios helps me to keep those memories for ever.

The day I heard about local guides I thought this program was perfect for me, so I upload photos and add information on Google Maps since then. As a local guide, my  contributions helps to other people to find places or trying new food and this experience makes me really happy.  I have uploaded pictures from touristic places in Peru like Machu Picchu, Máncora or Huanchaco but also from less known places like the deep highland. Adding information and pictures from less known places helps people to discover new touristic destinations.

Last year I went to Chile for the first time and I visited many places. Chile is so beautiful and it was wonderful to me being able to share my trip with the worldwide via Google maps.

I am very happy to be part of the local guides family! Thank you Google for this opportunity!

2 comments
Level 7

My experience with Local Guides

Hi ,

my name is Bilal and I am from Istanbul / Turkey. I have always loved travelling and exploring new places and making up new friends. I have not seen many countries so far but I got chance to visit some countries wihch I really wanted to see.

I have been using Google Maps for more than 10 years and I have always wanted to contribute it and Google Local Guide program really allow us to do that.

I have learned many things so far thanks to Local Guides and I am quite sure that I will learn a lot in the future as well.

Thank you Google and all Local Guides.

Level 8

Re: My experience with Local Guides

Hi @Gen, I am BahauddinS from Dhaka Bangladesh, Nice to meet you, and Welcome to LG family.