TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: My experience visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona

Hola @TraciC, a mi me gustaron las fotos del superiro, por los colores, pero supongo que todo depende del horario y la toma fotográfica que se realize en ese momento. Definitivamente es un lugar que agendare visitar la vez que visite EEUUU, es impresionante la iluminación, los tonos de los colores, es como indicas celestial 😇. Y por supuesto no podían faltar tus saltos, creo que podemos decir que es una marca registrada jajajaja 😂. Me encantó el post 👏 .

Saludos Farid

Level 8

@TraciC  I have seen images of the Canyons before but I absolutely love how you framed the beams of light against the sandstone folds.

It looks like you were having buckets of fun.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

~ Virginia Benedict 🕊

Level 9

Thank you @TraciC

for sharing nice photos for your trip.

Level 8

Amazing shoots! Happy to see there. 🙂

Level 9

Lovely shots. 

Nigeria  
Level 9

Thanks for sharing your experience @TraciC. Would love to visit this place as I have seen this place picture earlier in other travel website.

And obviously your Jumping photo 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! It's nice seeing you @TraciC jumping right inside Canyon in Arizona. I had seen several pictures of this nature's awesome scene but seeing someone I know take pictures right in there just feeds my crave to visit as soon as I can.

@TraciC wrote:

Caption: Photo of Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Photo of Lower Antelope Canyon

Last week, I took a trip with one of my best friends to Nevada, Utah and Arizona to see some of the beautiful sights (and maybe a concert in Las Vegas!). One of the highlights was Antelope Canyon which are canyons formed by the flowing of water in a rock. What makes them so special is that they're very deep but rather narrow, with sunlight peeking in. In Arizona, the sun lights up the sandstone so incredibly, it looks like heavenly! From May-ish to November-ish, there are beautiful sun beams that make it even more beautiful but we decided to visit in February to avoid the heat and the sights were just as majestic.

In Antelope Canyon, there are two major attractions:

Upper Antelope Canyon

Lower Antelope Canyon

Access to the canyons are limited and require a Navajo tour guide, so trips are done through tour companies. For Upper, I went with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours by Chief Tsosie and for Lower, Ken's Tours.

I did a lot of reading on Google Maps and on various blogs and decided to visit Lower in the morning (9am) and Upper in the afternoon (3pm). Of the two, Lower Antelope Canyon was my favorite, but I'll let you decide for yourself based on the pictures:

Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Looking at the sky from the bottom of the canyonCaption: Looking at the sky from the bottom of the canyon

Caption: Me standing at a bright spot in the canyonCaption: Me standing at a bright spot in the canyon

Caption: Rock that locals believe look like a Chief, can you spot the headdress?Caption: Rock that locals believe look like a Chief, can you spot the headdress?

Upper Antelope Canyon

Caption: Looking up at the red sandstoneCaption: Looking up at the red sandstoneCaption: Looking between the canyon slopesCaption: Looking between the canyon slopesCaption: Looking up in a narrow opening of the canyonCaption: Looking up in a narrow opening of the canyon

Lower Antelope Canyon was my favorite as the tour groups were much smaller, so it didn't feel like a tourist attraction. Plus, it didn't hurt that the lighting was more stunning first thing in the morning!

Now, any post by me isn't complete without a few jumping pictures, right? 

Caption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope Canyon

Caption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope Canyon

Caption: Jumping outside Upper Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping outside Upper Antelope Canyon

I promise to share my reviews, detailed itinerary, recommendations and more about how Google Maps saved our trip during a bad weather spell soon. 🙂 

Level 8

Hi @TraciC Great photos. Have you ever felt no fear there? You are a wonderful local guide.

G+ | My Contributions One day, somewhere to meet.
Level 7

@TraciC thank you so much for sharing information about Antelope canyons, the photos are really good ,I can see your excitement from the photos hope you and your friend enjoyed the trip , Good luck for your future trips👍

Basityousuf
Connect Moderator

@TraciC really enjoyed these photos! What a beautiful, natural landmark - I think lower is my favorite! 😛 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall