Rberchie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My experience as a Local Guide

I have always been passionate about anything voluntary and I love to travel. So when my friend mentioned the Local Guides to me I knew it was that place for me. I joined with that passion and after 3 months into it I was one of the leading contributors in the Community. I was fully involved in most of the community's activities

.Ghanaian Local GuidesGhanaian Local Guides

It was therefore a fun filled moment when I got selected for the LG 16 Summit. That is the dream of every Googler, or Local Guide to see Google, explore sights and sounds of San Francisco and to get some pictures of San Francisco. Sadly that dream did not happen since I was part of the few amongst the 75 whose visas were refused. 

That did not make me give up I continued with that passion that got me started. Anytime I got the chance to travel or visted a new place, I made sure I share my experience with others who will want to visit the place. LOCAL Guides make the world a better place, adding their reviews, sharing their photos and bringing places to live one place at a time.

From Accra where I was originally based, to my new city of Little Rock, from Toronto to Johannesburg, it is always fun a a great thing when I make places better through Google maps.Me at a food crwalMe at a food crwal

I am happy to have shared my experiences across three continents, in over 11 countries and over 25 cities. And I hope to even do more.My souvenir from GoogleMy souvenir from Google

2 comments
Level 10

Re: My experience as a Local Guide

Wow!!! Keep the good work going and never give up as you said. One day your great dream will come true.....

Level 10

Re: My experience as a Local Guide

Hahahaha.... nice one @Rberchie We’ll have the opportunity to meet this time. I understand how you felt in 2016 cause we both got the invite same time and even went for visa interview same time. I’m happy for you bro. See you soon. 💪