Jimneybob's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My contributions have disappeared

When I look in the my contributions section on Maps under the reviews tab I'm getting a message saying that I have not written any reviews yet and for at least the last month under the photos tab is just returning a completely white blank screen where it used to show the number and view count of the photos I have contributed.

Anyone else getting a similar experience at the moment or is it some error only with my account?

Jim

5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: My contributions have disappeared

Hi @Jimneybob,

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, can you please share a screenshot of the error message that appears on your screen?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

I'm looking forward to your reply. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hi @KlaudiyaG,

Thanks for your reply and yes my maps contributions are showing the same as when I posted my message.

Screenshots below as requested.

Many thanks for looking into this as it has been quite frustrating for a while now.

Photos contributions completely blank screenPhotos contributions completely blank screen

Still getting the no reviews written message.Still getting the no reviews written message.

Level 7

Hi @KlaudiyaG ,

Just an update on my post re my contributions have disappeared.

I'm still in exactly the same situation, now in February 2019. It must have been at least 9 months ago now when I first reported this.

I have also sent messages 4 times now using the feedback form within the Maps app. Still a blank screen under my photos tab and the text saying that I have not written any reviews yet.

There must still be some record of my contributions within your system because I still receive emails from time to time when certain photos hit a particular view count. Other photos with their view counts are listed within these emails.

I also noticed that the information in the SV app itself when you hit the Stats icon within the Profile tab is contradictory.

Currently under my name it is showing 1.8K photos, 3.7M views.Tap the Stats icon it is showing "Google Maps approved photos - 626,655", but the graph underneath is showing just under 3M views.

The 626,655 figure is of the right order of magnitude because I have published a fair amount of Theta V video mode material in the last 12 months.

Can you folks kindly look into this please as I would like my contributions tabs back.

Many thanks

Jim

Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much @Jimneybob for the detailed replies. I've made sure to inform the appropriate team about your situation and they are currently working on a fix. I'm going to update you the moment I have any news regarding this. I'm sorry to keep you waiting.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hi @KlaudiyaG ,

Many thanks for looking into this issue.

It will be nice to have things working as they used to.

Best regards

Jim