Nitnooty's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

My amazing evening in Reykjavik

A lots of incredibly city in this world. I spent 4 night in Reykjavik - Iceland during winter in November last year 2017. it was amazing moments in my life. I am able to visit this small beautiful nature country. Please don't ask about the weather huhahaahhahaa it's freaky cold for someone like me typical Asian person that only experience summer and raining season in my country.

Landed in Reykjavik evening time with raining weather wet and cold. I didn't get my baggage with me due of bad weather, Airplane take off from Frankfurt just with a passengers on board. Anyway i have to enjoy my 4 days here with my curiosity of nature in Reykjavik.

First day visit Gulfoss Waterfall, It's too bad can't get close next to the waterfall due of snow. But still the view incredibly awesome. Nature are the best to see and feel it.

Gullfoss WaterfallGullfoss Waterfall Don't forget to use waterproof clothes here....so you can get wet and feel the water of glacier. every time i went to waterfall i always refill my bottle of water huahhahahahaaa. My friends told me you crazy. But i told them try to drink it, it's so fresh and you can taste the different with bottle of water that you use to drink. And still they don't want to try it. Anyway if you visit Iceland make sure you try it.

Skogafoss Waterfall - be ready to get wet while taking a picture here.

Skogafoss WaterfallSkogafoss Waterfall

Geysir - Geothermal water that spray every 15 minutes i guess. You will enjoy those nature moments that happening.

GeysirGeysir

Don't forget to visit Hallgrimskirkja Church in town. Experience to see the city from top of the church. Of course you need to pay. 

Mount Esjan from Hallgrimskirkja ChurchMount Esjan from Hallgrimskirkja Church

If you traveling with friends better you rent a car so you can travel to different city in Iceland. Me and my friends visited Western part and it's beautiful along the journey it's like you feel alive. You will realize that life is beautiful with everything that around you. How bless we are can feel all of it. 

Borgarnes is a town that located in a peninsula at the shore of Borgarfjörður in Iceland. And it's a gateway to the Snaefellsnes National Park.

BorgarnesBorgarnes

Ahhh one more important thing. Better you use comfy shoes. Waterproof, Warm, and make sure not slippery.  

Gullfoss EntranceGullfoss Entrance

The famous Black sand beach. Most of the beach we visited always white sand and clear. But in here it's black like small stone. The wave of the sea so strong as well. 

Black Sand BeachBlack Sand Beach

From top of Skogafoss Waterfall. the view is beautiful.

Skogafoss WaterfallSkogafoss Waterfall

Everywhere you go, you will surrounded by beautiful mountain, snow, green, all colors that you can see blended together. It was my best trip ever in my life..... and i got a chance to see and experience Northern Lights 3 raw consecutive days. it's amazing.

IMG_E1632.JPG

If you are so lucky with the weather you can see it everyday even in town. No need to book a tour to experience it. but better in a dark area northern light more beautiful to see. It's amazing to see those dancing light on the sky. Don't forget to set your camera so you can get a nice shot of Norther Lights.

Iceland
28 comments
Level 10

Re: My amazing evening in Reykjavik

Wow @Nitnooty thanks! 🙂 Seems like you had a once in a lifetime experience! I'd love to visit Iceland!

Thanks for sharing!

Level 9

Bls: My amazing evening in Reykjavik

Halo @Nitnooty@LucioV saya sangat bahagia mendengar cerita anda tentang kota yang menakjubkan yaitu Icelands. Saya punya mimpi untuk tidur diatas ice di icelands hehhehe.sampai jumpa dalam mimpi 

Lera76
Level 4

सुंदर दृश्य

Level 9

Amazing photos @Nitnooty

It's a nice travel story, thank you for sharing with us.

Google Moderator

Hello @Nitnooty and welcome to Connect!

Thank you for sharing really nice post with us. Gullfoss Waterfall looks amazing. I have never been there but if I have a chance I will go. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@Nitnooty,

outstanding! Fantastic! Unbelievable!

Thank you very much for this post. I like this kind of nature so much and for sure it is never to hot. .... Except you will swimm in the water 😉.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 1

Great article, thank you for pictures!

Level 2

Thanks  @Ivi_Ge for your warm welcome. Yep you should visit Iceland it's beauty nature there.

Level 2

@TorM I just realize that nature can make us more happy. Blue Lagoon also another great experience in 0 degree i can swim in Geothermal water.