YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Q&A with Video Mode in StreetView app (SVAVm)

I am starting this thread to document the questions and answer I encountered while doing my trials on the Video Mode (VM) in StreetView app (SVA).  This main post will got updated when I have more questions, or there are more details to any answers.

Please note:  some of the answer (or even majority of the answers) here, can be my own conclusion after doing my own research and testing.  I will give site the reference of answers to the best possible I can.  If you have a source, or the official source of to any questions, please leave a comment here, I will update this Q&A accordingly.

Q1:  What I am testing VM with?

A1:  I am using a ThetaV camera with latest Firmware, with latest SVA on Android.  With latest firmware for my phone (A Xiomi Pocophone F1 with Global Rom).  I always check for Updates before testing VM.  

Q2:  Any results I can share?

A2:  This is one with almost perfect GPS details:

Q3:  What is StreetView Video Mode?

From Google Maps help document,

Automatically make your own Street View when you take your camera on a drive, ride or walk. Video mode will record a video which will be converted into Street View when you publish it. Data about your location will be used to geotag and position your recording on the map. 

From Official Post in Connect,

Have you ever wanted to contribute your own Street View on Google Maps? Well, you can do exactly that with the Street View app and a 360 camera! 

Q4:  Who can use SVAVm?

- The current requirement is given at Google Maps help document.  I summarize as below:

* Supported Camera : Ricoh ThetaV camera

+ (LG Level 6+) AND/OR (Being a StreetView Trusted Photographer)

Q5: How is it different from StreetViews Virtual-tour?

(to be continued....)