emuniruzaman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: My Place Addition submission is not appear in Edits tab.

Hi @emuniruzaman@Koby and @Jesi 

Thanks for tagging me and also for doing some research on your own.

We escalated the issue and will come back to you when we know more.
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @emuniruzaman, thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please let me know a name of the place and the address you added? If you don't want to share the info here, I will contact you with a private message. Thank you so much! 

Level 9

Hi @Atsukot 

Sure, just send me the private message, so I can share the samples.

Thanks a lot

Hi @emuniruzaman, I just sent you a private message. Please check your inbox. Thank you so much!

Level 9

Thanks @Atsukot for the support.

Connect Moderator

@Atsukot and @VitB has this issue been fixed?

Level 10

Hi @VitB  It seems that the issue still has not been fixed. Due to the bug, I've been leaving out the "Located inside another place" info when adding new POI's. However today I thought lets try again and I added two new POI's today where I completed the "Located Inside another place".  Unfortunately, as before, no acknowledgment has been received from Google for the edit. Either in form of an email thanking for the edit, nor do they show up in my Edits tab. However, the photos show up in my photos tab as "View Place". Interestingly enough, one shows 174 views. Wonder how that's possible. In any event I am wondering if you have heard back on the status of this issue. Including a screen shot of the photo of one of the POI's added.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance. Regards, @koby 

@Jesi @Atsukot @emuniruzaman @AdamGT 

POI added where no indication received from Google regarding this edit. Only evidence of submission is this photo submitted with the edit. The POI is Sayki, in Paramus NJ. For some reason there are 174 views of this photo even though you cannot access the POIPOI added where no indication received from Google regarding this edit. Only evidence of submission is this photo submitted with the edit. The POI is Sayki, in Paramus NJ. For some reason there are 174 views of this photo even though you cannot access the POI

Connect Moderator

Hi @Atsukot @VitB @Koby @emuniruzaman @Jesi 

I think this problem is the same as, or relates to that mentioned in the post Bug when adding a missing POI within another existing POI where I have documented and given specific examples of POIs where this has happened.  I have gone through some of my historical place additions and have discovered that it has happened at least on 7 placed additions since 5 February 2018, so it's been around for quite a long time!!!

Level 10

Hi @VitB  This is a follow up to my yesterdays post.  Today I added both POI's again, this time without entering a "located inside another place" and they were immediately approved. So basicall it proves that filling in the "located inside another place" causes the problem. Regards, Koby

@emuniruzaman @AdamGT @Atsukot @Jesi @Atsukot 

Connect Moderator

Yes I totally agree with you @Koby  After some suspicion I have since at all times avoided entering the located inside another place field.  HOWEVER be warned, there is another issue when a place is within another or in this instance when th name of the proposed place has strong similarity with that of an existing place (see specific examples in the post Bug when adding a missing POI within another existing POI) and this problem is also under separate investigation.