WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My Local Guides Experience

Portrait Party-20.jpg

My Name is Waweru Macharia, my journey with Local Guides began with an invitation email from Google Maps to join this program. At that time i had very little knowledge about the Local Guides program but with continued contribution on the Maps and the once in a while newsletter from google maps, i continued to know more and feel as a part of this great community.

Our First Meetup

Nairobi Local GuidesNairobi Local Guides

In early 2017 we managed to organize the first ever Local Guides meetup in Nairobi, the attendance was great and we covered a huge area of the upper hill area in Nairobi

Google Africa 10th year anniversary 

DP8reIgX4AA58PA.jpg large.jpg

We later organized other three meetups with one outside our city, until google Kenya recognized and invited us to share about the Local Guides program during the Google Africa 10th year anniversary .

Nairobi Restaurant Week Partnership

Screenshot-2018-4-28 Google in Africa on Twitter The #NRW2018 begins today Do try out the restaurants and see if you can sp[...].png

In February 2018, with the help of Google Kenya we were able to partner with the Nairobi Restaurant Week where we were given 20 vouchers to eat and review different restaurants in the Nairobi City

Map Editing Meetup at the Google Kenya Offices

Screenshot-2018-4-28 Google in Africa on Twitter #LocalGuidesKE editing hospitals and pharmacies information googlemaps and[...](1).png

In late February, with the help of Google Kenya we were able to organize a map editing meetup specifically to edit Hospitals at the Google Kenya offices.

We have seen a huge growth in the number of Local Guides in Kenya, this growth encourages me to continue doing more so that the number of local Guides in Kenya will increase and Make our country more accessible.

Nairobi, Kenya
10 comments
Level 9

Re: My Local Guides Experience

@WaweruM Kila la Heri kijana 

Connect Moderator

Hi @WaweruM

Nice to see your post in here. It seems you are applying for Connect Live, so gooooood.

You are doing a lot, in your country, for your country.

Congratulations

Ermes

Level 9

Awesome @WaweruM I love this. It is exceptional. Go go team Kenya.

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 10

@WaweruM You are a true local guide contributing to the Google Maps to help others. I love the Nairobi Local Guides photo.... Good Luck!!!

Level 10

@HeyJoeAsante sana

Level 10

Thank you @ErmesT I hope this time i will make it.

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @WaweruM

Nice to see your post in here. It seems you are applying for Connect Live, so gooooood.

You are doing a lot, in your country, for your country.

Congratulations

Ermes

Level 10

Thank you @JonasKL

Level 10

Thank you @AnuradhaP wish me all the best

Connect Moderator

Great to know more about you bro @WaweruM best of luck for Connect live 2018.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.