Mayford's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My Local Guide Experience

An adventure to the longest canopy walkway in Africa, Lekki-Lagos, NigeriaAn adventure to the longest canopy walkway in Africa, Lekki-Lagos, Nigeria

My name is Isaac and I am a proud Local Guide Level 8 member. It's been an amazing 2+ years as a Local Guide and the experience so far has been an amazing one with lots of memories and things to share with fellow Local Guides in Nigeria. 

With my contributions to the Google Maps, it places a sense of participation in helping people get to places and destinations faster and easier, and also have quick access to local emergency hotlines and centres including nearby hospitals and police posts whenever the need arises.

There have been quite some challenges including having issues with local laws and policies on taking pictures of monuments and other establishments, however, I have been able to make successful contributions through photos, edits, videos, reviews, ratings, questions and many more.

I have added over 200 places and edited more than 1,900. With photo views of over 7 million and a host of other forms of contributions, I have been able to help people make informed decisions on places and destinations.

I hope to continue to make more valuable contributions and add to the development of the Google Maps for the good of all.

Isaac
Lagos, Nigeria
4 comments
Level 10

Re: My Local Guide Experience

Nice experience @Mayford best wishes for connect live 2018

Level 8

Impressive amount of contributions you have there, Isaac

Level 10

Thank you @RodneyJS, I can't wait to also share in your experience. I trust it'd be massive!

Isaac
Level 10

Thank you @MdEmranulHoque, I hope to connect with you sometime.

Isaac