Andréas_S_Eriksson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My LG points are fluctuating. How come?

I keep rather good control of my contributions and I usually knows how much points I have and what I can expect from a day out photographing and sharing. Around two weeks ago I noticed that my points for contributions was higher than that they ought to be. Some minutes later when I pressed F5 on my keyboard the points were back to normal and then after some time again I pressed F5 and the points were up to an unexpected level. This has been going on since then and I do not understand what is the reason behind this. I know that some points, 10-20 can be added och withdrawn on a regular basis but this is some hundred och even thousand points up or down. The points have never gone under my expected level but sometimes way over. Like today. I now have 24 730 points and yesterday 22 185. I have not done any adding och editing on maps whatsoever yesterday or today. Is this a bug? Is there some malfunction? Have I done so many contributions that it is hard to calculate?
@BruceDM @Corrie @TraciC @LuisRG @ErmesT @GusMoreira

Andréas S. Eriksson
3 comments
Level 8

Re: My LG points are fluctuating. How come?

@Andréas_S_Eriksson This is because of the new point scheme updated by maps. You can refer the feautured article by @HelloJess about the new points scheme.

Keep contributing,

Fuvad

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Andréas_S_Eriksson

We recently made some adjustments to the points system - in particular the amount of points you receive for reviews. You can check out the recently posted article here for more details.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Thanks @BruceDM for that.

Andréas S. Eriksson