Pravulalk's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Journey with Google Local Guides during last 4 months

Hello Local Guides Connect,

My name is Kabi, I am a Level 5 Local Guides who contributes to Google maps very frequently with pictures and reviews.

I am working with Cisco as a network engineer.

I would like to share my last four months Journey about the Google Local Guides.

It was in the month of January 2017 when I went to Yelahanka Rail way station for a visit I saw the railway station renovation construction going on so I took few snaps for memory about the station. Then started posting them in the Yelahanka railway station.

After few days people wrote me to my mail id [REDACTED] they are happy to see the pictures and it helps them to know more about the old station.

I was thrilled about it hence I started posting all my earlier pictures taken from different places in past.

Every week I post few few pictures in google map; even I keep updated the latest pictures as it helps millions of searchers on map.

I love to do this as it keeps all of connected and helps each other to find the world better place.

I will encourage all to contribute little little in Google maps whatever possible way you can.

In case you need my help do not hesitate to shoot question to me in my mail id [REDACTED]

Thanks and regards,

Kabi

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
4 comments
Level 10

Re: My Journey with Google Local Guides during last 4 months

@Pravulalk Nice post. Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Is this your first post on Local Guides Connect?

Why don't you introduce yourself at "Introduce Yourself - April 2017 ". We would love to know about you.

As suggested in this post it is better to think about your privacy. Use private messages. It says:

Local Guides Connect - Please Read Before Posting - Local Guides Connect

Protect the privacy of yourself and others. Don't post personal information (your's or other's) publicly. There is a private messaging system in place which you can disable if you don't want others to be able to contact you. 

Please read "Please Read Before Making Post" by @CorrieD and "Read: Posting on "Share your Photos and discoveries" Board" by @LuisR. You can learn more about posting great posts by reading them.

Please read the rules of the Local Guides program.

Level 10

@Pravulalk thank you for the insightful post. Will be an inspiration to many LG's

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Pravulalk

I redacted your personal e-mail from the post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

Please take a moment to review our community policy and check this useful tips on using this community before posting.

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 7

I was not aware of such policy however it has been deleted

@MariaBi wrote:

Hi @Pravulalk

I redacted your personal e-mail from the post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

Please take a moment to review our community policy and check this useful tips on using this community before posting.

Many thanks!

now.