anazizullah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Journey Towards Local Guides!

Hello! 

Teaching Street kidsTeaching Street kidsBack in 2013, I started mapping on Google Map Maker. It was fun and a good feeling work. I was a newbie contributor that time. In 2015, I heard about Local Guides program. I found it more interesting. From the very childhood, I like to help people in any way. I found Local Guides as a new way to help people. Adding places, photos, actual review, corrected information are being my daily part of life. 

With the children on flash flood affected haor on Sunamganj.With the children on flash flood affected haor on Sunamganj.As I love to travel so much, I use Google Maps too much for better knowledge of those places. But when I found a wrong information or images of those places it hurts. I tried to report/ correct it. I found Local Guides just like a giveaway program. I'm helping people, people are helping me. That encourages me to contribute to Google Maps regularly.

In 2015 on a map up program, I came to know about Local Guides. Then 26 March 2016, I attended a meetup hosted by Bangladesh Local Guides. On that program, I learned so many things about Local Guides / Maps. Later then, I attended many meetups in Bangladesh.

Dhaka International Book Fair Meetup.Dhaka International Book Fair Meetup.

I hosted meetup (Local Guides volunteer day) and was also the co-host in many times. By those meetups I (we) tried to find the new local guide, give the proper lesson to them. By myself, 100+ people joined Local Guides program and they regularly contribute on Google Maps. I am also an early user of Local Guides Connect and tried to be active on connect.

Donated blood for the 5th time.Donated blood for the 5th time.Teaching Santal Tribal kidsTeaching Santal Tribal kids

I think I am a by born volunteer. I volunteered in many organization, in so many projects.  I love to help people, especially kids.

my local guides on a rural (remote) village.my local guides on a rural (remote) village.                          Always a nature lover traveler.Always a nature lover traveler.

Countless thanks to my mentors @MahabubMunna@MuhiburRSaad@SoniaK @SajolKDas 

Thanks for reading, have a good day.. ? 

1 comment
Level 8

Re: My Journey Towards Local Guides!

@anazizullah vai is a great post. And thank you very much for mentioning me here.

I am still learning from you. And you are also helping me a lot.

Keep up your good work.

Sajol Kumar Das