deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My Journey As A Local Guide

I still remember when I bought my first phone in 2011 and used map(in Java phone) for the first time. That time I was unaware about everything on internet besides Facebook. Between 2011 and 2016 I used a lot of internet. But never heard of the Local Guide Connect. In 2016 I lost my Java phone and bought an Android phone. Since 2011 I'm on twitter but used sometimes.

When I join Local Guide Program:

After buying an android device I started using twitter continuously. In 17 January 2k17 I saw a post of local guide twitter handle.. I searched on google about local guide program. In next hour I joined the program and started my journey. I came to Connect several days after joining the program. In the last week of March 2k17 I came second time on connect and started exploring the connect. 

My first ever Reply and Thread on connect: 

I had posted my first  reply on @BishowvijayaP's post. After this reply I decided to post my own topic in connect. In 30.03.2017 I posted first time in connect and receive many replies.

Exploring A Tomb:

After joining local guide program I became a traveller. In June 2k17 I explored Tomb of Khwaza Khizr which is located in Sonipat,Haryana. After sharing my trip to Tomb of Khwaza Khizr on connect, I started learning from my fellow local guides. In Dec 2k17 there was an active travel perk for local guides, I decided to plan a trip in my dream city. In 22 Dec I started my trip to Shimla and enjoyed a lot. I also visited to Taj Mahal with my younger brother last month.

Christ Church ShimlaChrist Church ShimlaShop in Lakkar BazarShop in Lakkar BazarHanuman Statue At Jakhu TempleHanuman Statue At Jakhu TempleCity point of ShimlaCity point of ShimlaIMG_20180321_080227.jpgTaj MahalTaj Mahal

Journey through meetups:

I've hosted 4 meetups in Delhi and Sonipat. Here are link to my all meetups,

1. https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/local-guides-haryana 
  2. https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/world-wide-geo-walk-in-haryana-shahjahanpur
  3. https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/delhi-lets-know-each-other
  4. https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/delhi-the-36-photo-walk

I had also joined 4 meetups in Delhi, Chandigarh & Karnal. Here are all links respectively. 

Some photos from meetups,

Meetup hosted by me(Delhi The"36" photo walk)Meetup hosted by me(Delhi The"36" photo walk)Delhi meetupDelhi meetupFrom Karnal MeetupFrom Karnal MeetupIn Delhi meetupIn Delhi meetup

I love to help others:

I always wanted to help other and connect give me that opportunity. I started helping others through video/post on connect and one day I found that one of my video on YouTube seen by others 15k time. It was an interesting day for me. Time was passing slowly slowly and one day I saw that I'm in top solution author on connect.

In Top Solution AuthorsIn Top Solution Authors 

My first perk:

In the meantime I saw that our Google Moderator @AradhanaB shared a post to join google user study at Google GurugramThis was my first perk(offer/benefit) from google. Here I met other local guides from Delhi and Google employees. Before visiting to Google Gurugram office I was super excited to meet others. This meeting changed everything and I become addicted to connect. I also got a chance to meet our local guide team at Le Meridien hotel in Delhi.

At Google GurugramAt Google GurugramLe Meridien in DelhiLe Meridien in Delhi

First meetup In Haryana:

One day I decided to host a meetup in Haryana. I had reached to this meetup's spot, 1 hour ago from the time given. After 2 hours a local guide came to join me @Prdeep. We enjoyed a lot and discussed many things for more than 5 hours in tau Devi Lal Park at Sonipat. At that time he became a good teacher for me. 

Help and support from others:

I learn a lot to my friends. They help me a lot and always support me. ( ermest, Flash, Csaba, LucioV, SampsonF, PaulPavlinovich, BishowvijayaP are few of them).

Besides mapping, I love photography so wherever I go I try to take nice pictures to post them on Google Maps & sharing my experience with others.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Delhi, India
38 comments
Level 8

Re: My Journey As A Local Guide

@deepakjhic You're a hero... What a post.

This is inspiration for all local guides. And thanks for sharing such a wonderful journey as a local guide with us.. wishing all success.

Cheers from Kerala Local Guides,

Fuvad

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing your story, @deepakjhic. I can remember many of your interesting post, and more and more I know the energy that you always have, in helping people, in giving solution when needed. A great man, a great member of the community.

Thanks a lot for your story, well done

Ermes

Level 10

Level 10

@deepakjhic 

I enjoyed reading about your journey brother 

Inspiring and captivating. 

May you be blessed with continuous energy to blaze new trails in the google guide world😀

Level 9

Good going @deepakjhic

Connect Moderator

What a great journey bro @deepakjhic very nice post. 

thanks for sharing.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

This is a good post @deepakjhic and I was pleased to read about your journey. The way you approach and support people has matured over the time I've known you. Have you applied to attend Connect Live? I'd like to meet you in person assuming we both get picked. Maybe you can get a visitor tag that says "Googleplex" for your next one?

Regards Paul

Level 9

@FuvadShah wrote:

@deepakjhic You're a hero... What a post.

This is inspiration for all local guides. And thanks for sharing such a wonderful journey as a local guide with us.. wishing all success.

Cheers from Kerala Local Guides,

Fuvad

Hi @FuvadShah,

Thank you so much for your kind words. 

Level 9

@ErmesT wrote:

Thanks for sharing your story, @deepakjhic. I can remember many of your interesting post, and more and more I know the energy that you always have, in helping people, in giving solution when needed. A great man, a great member of the community.

Thanks a lot for your story, well done

Ermes

Hi @ErmesT,

Thank you for encouraging me everytime I became sad. You're not even less than me/others. I've read most of your replies on connect and every reply teach me something new. 

Thanks again for being a best friend to every local guide on this planet.