dipm129's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Journey As A Local Guide II An insight to my new passion

Hello there;

This is Dip mandal a LEVEL 8 Local Guide from INDIA. This is my story of how I became a local guide.

When did I come to know about it :

It was September 2016.

FB_IMG_1492625192547.jpgAugust 2017 : My Paris visit

How I became a LOCAL GUIDE :

" I "still remember the day when I went for dinner with my friends to celebrate my farewell party. I was very happy as the very next day I was moving to a new town as I got a new and better job opportunity. I was having quite a good time  and clicked a few pictures of us to keep the moment saved in my phone. 

After returning from dinner I saw a notification on my phone which says " Add your picture to the google maps, and help other people". I uploaded a few pictures and answers a few questions about the place. That's how it all started.

During my visit to Paris I, myself had relied completely for visiting the city and that's where I can to know the importance of Google Maps and Local Guides in people's daily life.

How did I get the inspiration :

I will point out a few reasons which keeps me inspired in this programme :

• Being a Chemical engineer, I have to work in shifts and hence it is very difficult for me to engage in community programme. Here I got the chance to help people at my own convenience.
  • The pictures that I have uploaded was being viewed by so many people across the world. I even don't know them,but seeing that so many people are getting helped by my contribution is a real satisfaction.
  • India being a very populated country and with the advent of SMARTPHONE ERA is extensively using the Google maps now for travelling and information more than ever before which shows there is need of LOCAL GUIDES like us. There is a great scope of community work in INDIA by using this platform.
  • Last but not the least , the periodic E-mails that I got from Google is also a real inspiration that helped me to stay tuned.

Building My way Up :

• I have joined the local guides community already in facebok and at www.localguidesconnect.com.
  • I daily answer 5 to 6 questions on Google maps.
  • I am keeping up with latest updates that are coming on Google maps, I also have written an article to popular site " Quora" regarding LOCAL GUIDE COMMUNITY.
  • I have made friends along the way from different countries which is something that always interested me.
  • For the very first time I have applied for Connect LIVE 2018 event.
  • I am getting inspiration every time I visit a new place and a good feel when I saw my view counts going going Up day by day.
  • Google Maps has become my new addiction instead of other social networking sites, as now I prefer to Upload my pics on Google maps than anywhere else.

SO till now It is a great mapping experience and I hope my enthusiasm to help the community remains forever.

Dip Mandal

I'm a Local Guide.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
3 comments
Level 9

Re: My Journey As A Local Guide II An insight to my new passion

Nice journey dear @dipm129.

Glad to have you here. Looking forward for more great post. 

You can find a link in my tagline. 

Thank you.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thank you very much.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @dipm129 

Thank you for sharing this with us. Here you can read the 14 helpful tips for using Connect which will help you to interact better.

I’m going to move your post to the Local Stories board on Connect where the Local Guides from all around the world share their local stories and inspiration why they like to be Local Guides and how they contribute to Google Maps.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!