Siddiqui-BA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My Job- Episode 4

The day is coming very quickly. The date was scheduled on 23rd July and I can't  tell you what I was feeling! On 23rd july 1979, we were started to prepare ourselves in the morning because the flight scheduled at 1030 hrs. We have to reach at air port two hours in advance. Bus is waiting  and we came out from room at 0700 hrs. A large number of our friends were there to see off us. They were clapping their hands  saying good luck.  We boarded the bus  and it started to move. Our friends were moving their hands and saying good bye.

The bus reached at Dhaka international airport within 20 minuit . We got down from the bus and entered into the air port lounge. Total we were 06 in the team lead by an officer. Have boarding card and entered into waiting lounge. My dream of flying was just on my forehead. I remembered that advertisement "Join the Navy See the World" There was ab announcement for boarding and we started in a que, boarded in an airport bus. It was air conditioned. I was thinking that 'a boy og village, who didn't  see Dhaka town, he is now riding ina air conditioned bus ', Saying Alhamdu lillah to almighty Allah rime and again. The bus started to the aeroplane which was standby for her passengers. The bus came near to the ladder we got down moved up to the ladder. A man and a beautiful woman were standing there and saying "Assalamualaikum, welcome onboard  on behalf  of Bangladesh Biman. Later we knew that they are crew of the air craft. Another crews were inside they were helping the passengers for finding their seats and secure hand luggages. We were seated and crews were demonstrate some procedures for oxygen mask, emergency escape etc. Captain said welcome, introduce himself and other crews onboard, about weather, temperature, flying altitude etc. And the aircraft took off from Dhaka international airport for Bangkok, Thailand.

My mission of "Join the Navy See the World" was truly started. Will come back with episode -5 very soon.

Chittagong, Bangladesh