TaofeekOseni's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Introductory message and experience with the Local Guides Program i

My name is Oseni Taofeek . I live in Lagos Nigeria.  

Family Motion Picture after Dinner MealFamily Motion Picture after Dinner Meal

I will like to share my insights into my experience with this program. It all started as a passion to guide guests in the hotel I worked in 2002. this has been my day to day activities to ensure guest in the hotel are required to get latest information about places around. I develop a willingness as a hotelier to guide people to there various places of choice. I have been working in hospitality industry for more than fifteen years. I so much enjoy and I love it and that make me have passion to learn and discover new places to be able to

guide our esteem guests on places in our areas and community for a example, restaurant, bar, eatery, Bank ATM, recreational parks, famous places and palaces.

I equally have passion for menu engineering and food and beverage costing. I love to have pictures for any places I  visited, I took pictures of most of all the good food i created a recipe and costing for. 

All  these are done in a local and smaller medium scale.

I was excited when i came across Google Local Guide Program.  I know immediately that this is avenue to connect to people in a bigger way. This goes beyond helping people you meet in the hotel room or bar, etc. for location addresses or reviews.

I immediate connect and I uploaded many of my pictures and wrote many reviews ( I'm still writing) .  I recalled the day I received mail from google about the number of views for a particular picture file I posted and how it helps.  I was so motivated and that helps me inspired. This is a small way I can contribute to help for bigger result. I gain a lot of insight about this Google Local Guide Program and purpose they want it to achieve. We can collaborate and connect by contributing ideas that can help the whole world.  We can learn from each other and grow on one another.

Hope to meet in San Francisco.

Kudos to all in Google. 

Lagos, Nigeria
9 comments
Level 9

Re: My Introductory message and experience with the Local Guides Program i

Great post @TaofeekOseni, best of luck with your application for Connect live!

Level 8

Thanks a lot!!!

Connect Moderator

Nice to meet you @TaofeekOseni. Welcome to Connect and the Local Guides Program!  We have many Local Guides from Nigeria, in particular, Lagos.  

I like to introduce you to @U-royFelixA @SanyaOdare, both are Level 10s and live in your city too.

Much luck to you and your Connect Live application.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thank you very much @KarenVChin for the introduction. You’re far too kind. Hello @TaofeekOseni Its great to have you onboard. My name is U-Roy Agboi just as Karen mentioned earlier. Congrats! I can see you’re level 7 already. I’m in Abuja at the moment and we can only see when I’m in Lagos. 

But you can always hook up with @SanyaOdare in Lagos. He’s a perfect gentleman. 

Keep up the good work. The world is waiting for more of those beautiful contributions of yours on the Google Map. Cheers.

Level 8

Thanks Karen for introducing people i can connect with in my city .

Nice to connect with you too!!!

Level 8

@KarenVChin I have added both as my friends and I have equally sent a messages to both. This is for your necessary information. Many thanks.

Level 8

@U-royFelixA Thanks a lot.  Okay! that's cool!

Level 10

Thanks a million @KarenVChin! I'm sure @TaofeekOseni will be blown away when he joins Lagos Local Guides Community on Google Plus, Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram.

@KarenVChin wrote:

Nice to meet you @TaofeekOseni. Welcome to Connect and the Local Guides Program!  We have many Local Guides from Nigeria, in particular, Lagos.  

I like to introduce you to @U-royFelixA @SanyaOdare, both are Level 10s and live in your city too.

Much luck to you and your Connect Live application.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Absolutely!!!