AlejandraMaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My Great Experience in the Local Guides Program - AlejandraMaría

Hello I am AlejandraMaría, a motivated Local Guide level 8 from the South of Spain.

Hello!Hello!

I always thought (and still think) that Google Maps is a very useful application for getting directions, distances…

But my really journey as Local Guide started the summer of 2016, when I began to make contributions and I was delighted with that.

In May 2017, I recieved the mail for making the application to #LGSummit17 and thougth... Why not? Let´s try. And this was a point of inflexion in my life.

I was selected.  I realized that in fact “Sometimes dreams come true” and there`s nothing impossible, we just have to do things as better as we can and try…

That was the moment when I started to say my friends and family that I am a Local Guide :))

I began to be more active on Connect and read many interesting posts about how to improve our contributions, make better photos…

I followed that advices and now I can see a before and after!!! 

My general culture began to grow... now I can point out in a map many countries  and every day I learn more capitals, world locations and I do not stop acquiring knowledge.

Meet-ups open me the opportunity to connect with others LGs.

A) Hosted:

[RECAP] Ayamonte - WW Map Edit Walk

[RECAP] The WorldWide Geo-Walk Bruges 

[RECAP] Accessibility / Accesibilidad Muelle Carabelas

[RECAP] Ayamonte  World Wide Food Crawl 

[RECAP] World Wide PhotoWalk Ayamonte 

B) Coordinated:

[RECAP] World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up, Showcase the Beauty of your City to the World

Participantes en el Encuentro Mundial de Recorridos FotográficosParticipantes en el Encuentro Mundial de Recorridos Fotográficos

C) Attended:

[Recap] Treviso Wine Meetup - November 25, 2017

Treviso (36) photo-walk [RECAP]

[Recap] Pre Summit Food Crawl 

In July17, I have never had hosted a meet-up and I really wanted to do one. The opportunity came with @HelloSamsonR, he was coordinating the World Wide Map Edit Walk and I could join them. He was really  helpful, patient (thanks).

Thanks to that, I became to meet other LGs, like @OSAMA. We all know that he is great introducing people, so I started to connect with more and more Local Guides with his great post “Food Lovers Club”  (thanks).

Another important LG in my connect journey was @Osaka78forTRUMP, he is very active and polite with World Wide Meet-ups, introducing people from the area... (thanks).

@Justine2807  is a very involved LG that make lovely posts and take care of us (thanks).

The LGSummit17 allowed me to talk  and have fun with other LGs.

LGSummit17,  Best Summit EverLGSummit17, Best Summit Ever

On of them was @ErmesT. Our friendship started and grow up. I travelled to Italy to join his meet-ups  and now I feel part of the recicling proyect (thanks).

The "World Wide Photo Walk Meet-up-Showcase the Beauty of Your City to the World" was the icing on the cake. Was an incredible opportunity to keep in touch with more LGs.  All of you that have participated, please feel that I have mentioned you here, because I am very very thankful for your involvement in the project.

I would really love to attend to Connect Live 2018 to learn more tips for improving my contributions and spend time with the incredible members (Googlers, Connect Moderators and LGs) of this amazing community.  The experience is unique and is one of the best reinforcer for a Local Guide.

Thank you very much to the  Local Guides Connect Team for this incredible proyect. Everyday this community is increasing and is because of your great job. Congratulations!

I will continue dreaming, because  sometimes dreams come true... 

Ayamonte, España
28 comments
Level 8

Re: My Great Experience ith the Local Guides Program - AlejandraMaría

Hello Alejandra @AlejandraMaria

Sending my heartiest best wishes and good luck on your way.

I hope to see you in San Francisco. 🙂

Wishing all the applicants good luck for Connect Live 2018.

Cheers

Level 10

Re: My Great Experience in the Local Guides Program - AlejandraMaría

Hi @AlejandraMaria,

Congratulations ! You are doing so well in both Connect and Maps!

I would like to thank you for all the yours contributions. It is always a great moment to read your posts and to discover your world. 

I wish you all the very best for the connect live 2018.

Hopefully, we are dreaming together!

See you around

Jul

Level 9

Hi @Badruddeen,

It was great to have met you last year :))) My favorite day was when had a ride by bike.

Looking foward to speaking with you again!

Many thanks for your comment!

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

@AlejandraMaria Best of luck . Hope this year also you enjoy Connect Live party 🙂

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Hi @Julien44,

Many many thanks for your kind feedback :)))))

I am so happy you like to discover my world 😉

And yes ....  we are dreaming together!!!!

Alejandra.

Level 9

Hi @MahabubMunna,

Thank you very much for your kind wishes.

We met once, let´s see what life expect...

Alejandra.

Level 8

Hi Alejandra @AlejandraMaria

You are welcome.

Yes, the bike ride was fun and fantastic.

I hope we can share some stories and have more fun this year if we get a chance to go.

Once again my best wishes and good luck for Connect Live 2018.

Warmest regards

Badr'

Level 9

I like your Qoute from last year @AlejandraMaria

Because Dreams come true 🙂 

Thank you very much for your dedication and passion to this program you are one of the best members i ever met :-)👍

Keep it up and keep insoiin us 🙂

Level 9

Many Many thanks for your kind words @OSAMA 😊.

You have helped me very much at the begining to meet and interactuate with other Local Guides, you are great doing this, Congratulations. 

Good Evening from the South of Spain, 

Alejandra.