BudiFXW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My Google Drive bonus will expire very shortly

I got an email couple minutes ago mention that at 23 Dec 2017 my Google Drive will expire.

As a level 9 Local Guide what the efficient way to handle my Google Drive ?

Do you have suggestion ?2017-12-17 16.18.24.png

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Indonesia
5 comments
Level 10

Re: My Google Drive bonus will expire very shortly

Hi @BudiFXW I will advise you to check if you are uploading your photos in High quality, if you arent uploading in high quality you can switch to that so you can save a lot of space on your drive. Using Original quality consumes your drive space because photos or videos are uploading and stored at same quality and they arent compressed. You can also find more detailed and well explained information on this Google help page here:Google Photos Help Page - Choose The Upload Size of Your Photos And Videos

Connect Moderator

Hi @BudiFXW

In addition to what @HelloSamsonR

Said about the storage in High Quality in Google Photo, verify that photos have been stored in photos (not on Drive).

Ermes 

Level 8
Level 8

Great advice.....still dont think that answers his question entirely.

How can he exstend the google drive permossion?  Will he loose his photos? Will they disappear from maps? 

Connect Moderator

Hi @NFN

There is a detailed explanation of this (I'm on mobile right now so I can't search for it immediately) that basically says that:

The photos loaded in Maps are stored in Google Photos, with no impact in the storage (stored in High quality).

As far as I know, there is no extension for the promotion

Once the promotion expires, you will not loose what is stored.

Of course this is not necessarily a good news, because at that moment you have no more usable space in drive. 

My 100 gb expired 2 months ago, I was using it mostly as a "temporary space" so I didn't had any important impact in my drive space. 

I have thousands of photos stored in Google Photos, with no use of the space. I'm getting more free space just removing the photos that, at the beginning, I stored in Drive, an uploading the same photos in Photos. Unfortunately there are no automatic procedures for this, so I have to download it from Drive and manually upload it in Photos.

Ermes 

Level 10

This is an uninteresting fact to me as well @BudiFXW.

I would be happy if I wouldn't have such benefit. 😀😁

It's a kind of disgust feeling for losing what I have been offered previously.